[SOLVED] Squeeze Player?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • 7. November 2016 at 2:29 #23743

Hi, do I have to pay you money before I can use my Raspberry Pi to play music from my Squeezebox server running on my MacBook? I cannot find SqueezeLite anywhere in your confusing web pages/interface.

7. November 2016 at 17:42 #23752

Hi pettefar,
    Squeezelite, like the whole audioplayer plugin, the Squeezebox Server installer, Kodi, WiFi/LAN and Filesystem/Mount are all completely free. Here is a walkthrough video I did of the web interface to clear up some of the confusion.

13. Dezember 2016 at 23:24 #24863

Hello Heiner, this may not apply directly to this subject, but: I need to know how the web interface works? Specifically why when I type http://max2play into my ULR bar, after downloading the max2play with raspeberry pi and Hifiberry dac pro image to my raspberry, I get no response, my browser informs me that is cannot connect. What am I missing?

14. Dezember 2016 at 14:59 #24873

Hi Brrutherb,
    Please take a look at our Getting Started Guide for basic guidelines on setting up Max2Play: https://www.max2play.com/en/getting-started/
    Also, check out our Wiki for more specific help: https://www.max2play.com/en/wiki

If you cannot access the web interface, please check your router’s web interface to find the IP and name of the Max2Play device or directly access it from there.

14. Dezember 2016 at 19:39 #24896

Thnk you Heiner,
    I have gone through the steps as mentioned, I am not seeing my pi on the router, question, forgive my ignorance, but does the pi3 have to be connected via physically Wired Ethernet cord to my router access point, as i thought that the pi3 was wifi? I have not connected it.Could this be the issue?

14. Dezember 2016 at 23:38 #24897

OK all is corrected, I was able to access the web interface via an ethernet connection. However, am i correct in my assessment that Max2Play is not compatible with the onboard wifi config on the pi3!!? Now I have to purchase wifi usb in order to connect to my pi3/ hifiberry dac pro?

15. Dezember 2016 at 14:04 #24902

No, Max2Play supports WPS from the first boot. If your router has a WPS button, you can use it to connect your Pi. You can also just configure the WiFi on the web interface when you’re connected through LAN, reboot and remove the LAN cable. Here is a HowTo on WPS: https://www.max2play.com/howtos/howto-wlan-einrichtung-mit-wps-und-max2play/
    And here is a video on the WiFi menu: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsEBb_CIJ5A

26. Dezember 2016 at 20:28 #25239

Hello,
    Unfortunately, your video even states that max2play needs an usb wifi connection for wps. Pi3 has an wifi built in. max2play is not even recognizing the pi3 wifi, nor my network options, intructions are unclear as to how one is to reboot max2play and remove the lan connection while attempting to connect with the WPS button. I have tried too many times to count. I get this message:

Status: WiFi USB adapter status is not active. WiFi connection status is active (IP: NO IP! No connection!)
    (Only WPA/WPA2-Encryption possible)

26. Dezember 2016 at 20:47 #25240

hello, not encouraged at all by the performance of M2P with pi 3 wifi connectivity issues.

26. Dezember 2016 at 21:00 #25241

Based on your response to help me with my wifi connection maybe you did not understand my request: I have a pi3, with on-board wifi capabilities, that is why i purchased it. Your video states a need to purchase a wifi usb adapter. Why cannot I use the onboard wifi on my pi3?Help, maybe I am not following here?

This may be the problem: Your installed HiFiBerry Card: Hifi Berry Dac+ Pro (B+/Pi2) there is no option given for the Pi3, therefore I assume that M2P is not yet compatible with the features of the Pi3 WIFI, or possibly all the features of the Pi3?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Brrutherb.
    26. Dezember 2016 at 21:14 #25243

Hi

Pi3 with M2p works fine with Onboard-Wifi
    Press WPS-Button on your Router and plug Pi3 to power socket.

Or configure your Wifi at M2P webinterface

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by std.
    26. Dezember 2016 at 22:27 #25246

Hi, did not work, i am obviously missing something

26. Dezember 2016 at 22:38 #25247

MAC-Filter in your Router is deactivated?

26. Dezember 2016 at 23:28 #25248

On mY wireless mac authentication page; „Set MAC authentication State“ is set ‚disabled‘ is this what you are referring to?

26. Dezember 2016 at 23:34 #25249

yes

that is what I mean. Then I have unfortunately no more idea

27. Dezember 2016 at 20:20 #25266

Hi, Update: I decided to do a complete re-write and reset up of the image file from M2P. After reload and reboot on my pi before I did anything else I WPS on my router and it found the RPi 3 Right away! Then it was able to get on your server wirelessly. Thanks for your patience.
    Now I need to learn how to get my music share off my pc to mount.

27. Dezember 2016 at 20:30 #25267

Probably there was an old M2P-version on zhe raspi

Mount Network-Devices seems to me very simple in the actually M2P-version
    On the top you see „filesystem mount“ (or something like that. I use the german webinerface)
    Then click on „show network devices“ and then „set path“ for the device aou want

But the disadvantage is that aour pc must run. Why not plug an 2,5″ harddrive at the Raspi?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by std.
    27. Dezember 2016 at 20:33 #25271

Ya, i think that is what I will do, and set up all my music on that usb drive, ive been reading though that the speed lags on the usb connection? I cant seem to mount my share files, im missing something, but I will figure it out. Thanks

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here