Simple Mqtt Mini Player ESP32 – mp3-Stream from Max2play-Server available?

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Projects and Builds Simple Mqtt Mini Player ESP32 – mp3-Stream from Max2play-Server available?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 10. März 2023 at 12:49 #52708

Hi,

I have a Max2play-Setup(1 Server, 2 clients) running. Everthing fine. I am happy.

At the moment I work at a small Mqtt-Audio-Player for ambient sound. This small player is able to play mp3-Streams.

Is it possible to get an mp3-output-stream from a music playing M2P-Client or server? This would make the ESP to an secondary simple m2p-loudspeaker.

I don’t want to install another M2P-Client because it is to difficult for me to control it externaly and raspberrys are not available at the moment.

Any ideas or hints for me? Maybe with a plugin?

many thanks

best regards
    Thorsten

14. März 2023 at 13:33 #52716

Hi Thorsten,

Could you go into more detail about the way the system is supposed to work and how the M2P client is supposed to output the mp3? If I understand you correctly, you want to use the mqtt as an additional player? How can the mqtt receive audio? With Max2Play, it is possible to stream audio to players in various ways, e.g. Bluetooth, Squeezelite, Airplay or DLNA. The question is what the mqtt supports as input.

14. März 2023 at 19:03 #52721

Hi Mario,

The esp32 player get a reachable URL of a mp3file or mp3-stream via Mqtt. Then it plays this file.
    My idea was maybe the m2p-server distributs a mp3-stream to his clients. So I can hock up at this stream. The small player could be a secondary („slave“) player.
    Is this the case?
    Or maybe I had to find a way to use some kind of dlna client on the esp32.

Any ideas?

Best regards

16. März 2023 at 13:44 #52733

Thanks for the clarification. You can’t send an mqtt command with Max2Play itself. However, our home automation plugins like openHAB may help you.

Regardless of this, however, I am not aware of any way to access the current playback of the Squeezebox server with an mp3 stream address. Maybe the developers of the server and plugins can help you. You can contact them via the slimdevices forum.

16. März 2023 at 18:43 #52739

Hi Mario ä,

Yes, you are right. My node red server send the mqtt messages via mosquito to the esp32_player. These servers run on one m2p-client.

Any other hints to realize this idea?

I will search for the output stream plug ins. Maybe I will be successful there. I will report.

Best regards and thanks for your support
    Thorsten

2. Dezember 2023 at 0:37 #52980

Hi,

Update:
    This idea was too complicated. I installed a old raspi(b+) to solve the task. I also installed mpg123 to play local files.
    see other thread.

Have fun.

many thanks to the max2play-Team => You are awesome!
    Thorsten

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Thorsten.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here