[SOLVED] Shairport Running but no Airplay

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons [SOLVED] Shairport Running but no Airplay

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 11. Juli 2017 at 5:48 #29885

I’ve been using Max2Play running on a RPi 3 with a HiFiBerry sound card and am using Shairport to create Airplay speakers. The system has worked mostly flawlessly since the beginning of the year. This weekend it stopped working. When I try stream my music from my iPhone or Macbook Air, the AirPi (the name I used) option no longer shows up.

When I connected to the Max2Play web interface on the RPi and restarted Shairport, it lasted for a few minutes then disappeared again.

The Audioplayer tab reports:

But I am not seeing my Airplay set up on either of my devices nor on my wife’s. I’ve made no changes to my network. Since I used the M2P set up I have no idea what might be wrong. Any help would be appriciated

12. Juli 2017 at 17:53 #29892

This is resolved. The problem was that I bought a wireless Chinese security camera and added it to my network. I don’t know if it is malicious or just poor design but it seems to have interfered with Airplay and messed up my network. I had to do a hard reset on my router and Apple TV to get them working well again. The RPi running Max2Play just started working normally again.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here