Setting Volume with Encoder using Jivelite

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Setting Volume with Encoder using Jivelite

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 1. Januar 2016 at 6:39 #17523

Hi,

I have a Raspberry Pi with 7″ Touch Screen and IQaudIO Pi-AMP+ and use Jivelite as player.

I have an encoder set up for volume control as per the IQaudIO instructions.

The encoder works for volume control when a song is playing but it does not change the volume slider in Jivelite, and at the end of each song the volume resets to the Jivelite setting.

Is it possible to use an encoder for volume control with Jivelite?

Regards,

Patrick

14. Januar 2016 at 13:53 #17843

Hi Patrick,
    Please take a look at your config and make sure you have the right parameters active. When you select the Digi-Amp+/Amp+ option in our image, it should add those automatically, but they are: -o hw:0 -V Digital

14. Januar 2016 at 22:50 #17864

Hi Heiner,

I have those parameters in my config.

The encoder changes the volume but it does not change the slider in Jivelite.

When I change the volume using the encoder the Jivelite slider does not move, however the volume changes and stays set while a song is playing until a few seconds before the end of the song at which time it reverts back to the volume set on the slider in Jivelite.

If I touch the encoder again the volume returns to the that which was previously set by the encoder but again only until a few seconds before the end of the currently playing song.

Regards,

Patrick

21. Januar 2016 at 8:04 #18038

Hi,

This issue can also be tested by adjusting the volume with alsamixer, change the volume with alsamixer and it will stay changed until close to the end of the current song, then it will return to the volume that is set in Jivelite.

Does any body have any idea how to fix this?

Cheers,

Patrick

23. Januar 2016 at 21:42 #18106

Hi,

I have the same problem.
    If the volume is changed with the rotary encoder you can’t see the change in jivelite and also not on my squeezeplayer remote app using my mobile phone (but in the app I an see the changes I make in jivelite using the touch-volume-bar).
    But all methods of changing the volume (jivelite, app, rotary encoder) you can see in the IQAudio settings tab (Settings for Master Volume)…
    In addition the percentage value in the settings tab isn’t the same like my app shows me.
    …and the volume control of jivelite seems to be not linear. Very confusing 😉

Maybe this it a side effect of this strange failure:
    Turning the rotary encoder only one icrement („click“) will change the volume by 10 percent.
    Can you maybe add a settings value we can change within the webinterface to change the size of volume-steps when turning the encoder one „click“?

Thank you!

23. Januar 2016 at 23:04 #18108

Hi,

Regarding the „strange feature“ with the encoder, this is just a function of the program that you use to read the encoder. You can edit the IQ_rot.c file to change this (currentVolume = currentVolume + 1;) and re-compile the program with „gcc IQ_rot.c -oIQ_rot -lwiringPi -lasound“

I found another program for the encoder that is easier to use as it can take parameters from the command line, and also allows control of the linear/log nature of adjustment. You may also be able to use your button with this.

https://github.com/alidaf/raspberryPi/tree/master/piRotEnc

However, this is still useless for me at this time because Jivelite does not seem to play nicely with volume set through ALSA.

Cheers,

Patrick

1. Februar 2016 at 13:21 #18283

Hi paddy and hubert77,

thank you for reporting this issue.

We try to improve the synchronization of all volume settings and publish a new version of Max2Play as soon as possible.

Maximilian from Max2Play

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here