Running LMS want to add ability for IOS to Airplay

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Running LMS want to add ability for IOS to Airplay

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 17. Dezember 2018 at 7:25 #42777

Hello Folks,
    We have been running M2P as our LMS and Squeezelite with HiFiBerry successfully for years, thank you.

We would like to add the ability to stream music from our IPhones from time to time. I made an attempt to install new plugins and ended up ruining the devices configuration and having to start all over.

Given our current config of running LMS and Squeezelite, what plug-in(s) should I now install so we can play from our IPhones as well?

Thanks,
    Ross

17. Dezember 2018 at 16:31 #42786

Hi Ross,

First you can make a backup of your current image if you haven’t. It works with any software that creates an .img-file.

Now, for iOS you just need to activate the shairtunes2 plugin in LMS and install the bug fix for it from our web interface. It turns all your Squeezelite players compatible with AirPlay.

17. Dezember 2018 at 21:17 #42791

Heiner,
    Thank you, I have installed as outlined.

As a test I opened „Podcasts“ app on my IPhone and I do not see a device to broadcast this stream too on our MAX2Play. Can you suggest something I may have missed?
    Regards,
    Ross

18. Dezember 2018 at 16:26 #42826

Hi Ross,

Check the Squeezebox Server settings‘ section „plugins“, there should be a „shairtunes2 (fork)“ in the active plugins. You can check the plugin’s settings for additional infos. Here’s our HowTo on the spotify plugin which is accessible through the same steps

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here