Runninf Kodi config/prefs from an external USB drive

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Runninf Kodi config/prefs from an external USB drive

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 13. September 2015 at 18:04 #15663

Hullo,
    I’ve just switched from OpenElec to max2play so that I can use the player as a Squeezebox when I’m not watching movies.
    When I ran OpenElec, I stored my Kodi preferences on an external USB stick, to make upgrading it easier.
    I was wondering if it would be possible to do the same thing – that is use the same USB stick – on this new installation.
    The guide for using the external USB stick is here:
    http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_XBMC_on_Raspberry_Pi_with_USB_drive
    If I were to follow this guide, should I replace the values in the cmdline.txt with the ones on the wiki above? Or should I selectively choose just the mounting ones? Or none of the above, as it would stuff up the max2play install? Do you foresee them causing any problems?

Alternatively, should I just copy my prefs/movie database over to the new Kodi installation? Is there a way to do this?

Many thanks for your help – I appreciate it.

15. September 2015 at 14:34 #15678

Hi jademonkee,
    Usually, every memory is recognized automatically if connect at the start of the device. You can then access the filesystem through the path /media/usb. You can find details on that explanation on the „Filesystem Mount“ tab in the Max2Play web interface.
    The Kodi settings are at /home/pi/.kodi on the Raspberry and /home/odroid/.kodi on the ODROIDs. To edit or save you can create a Samba share at /home/pi. With that, any pc in the network can access this folder.
    Details on Samba shares can also be found under the Filesystem Mount tab in the web interface.

15. September 2015 at 17:34 #15688

Thanks – I’l see what I can do.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here