raspi not booting – bricked?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 23. Januar 2019 at 0:11 #44043

Hi,
    I just recently bought my first raspi (3B with HiFiBerry) for streaming music to my existing audio equipment. First start went well, wifi connection was no problem. Then I wanted to stream music. While starting to try out the different options in m2p, after rebooting it didn’t load the page on the browser (firefox on ubuntu). It just says:

loadViewHeader(); // search for Controller and View by Name in URL if (! isset($_GET[‚page‘]) || strpos($_GET[‚page‘], ‚plugin‘) === FALSE) { $pagename = preg_replace(‚=[^0-9a-zA-Z\.]=‘, “, isset($_GET[‚page‘]) ? $_GET[‚page‘] : “); if ($pagename == “) { // get Default Plugin for first Page foreach ($service->plugins[‚plugin‘] as $plugin) { if (isset($plugin[‚default‘]) && $plugin[‚default‘] == 1) { include_once (APPLICATION_PATH . $plugin[‚path‘]); break; } } } } else { // get Plugin by Config… check for Images or other Content if(preg_match(‚=\.(png|jpg|gif|pdf)$=‘, $_GET[‚page‘])){ // just Output Content $file = APPLICATION_PATH . ‚/‘ . $_GET[‚page‘]; ob_clean(); $size = getimagesize($file); header(‚Content-Type: ‚.$size[‚mime‘]); header(‚Content-Length: ‚.filesize($file)); readfile($file); exit; }else{ include_once (APPLICATION_PATH . ‚/‘ . $_GET[‚page‘]); } } $service->loadViewFooter(); ob_flush();

Couldn’t find something useful in the internet, or the forum here.
    Does anyone have good ideas, what to do now?
    best regard
    s.t.

23. Januar 2019 at 1:49 #44044

Hi, I have a similar setup with the AMP2. I would bet that the Apache2 service has stopped running, in linux. This is a linux webserver. Which allows your page to „appear“. To see what is going on it is very handy to log into the pi with SSH from another machine. Then you can run some commands to see what services are running. Or simply start Apache2 with this command
    sudo service apache2 start

My problems with Apache2 stopping, were from my memory card being too slow (you can test them with Linux commands). I recently got a Samsung EVO Plus 32GB which has made the whole pi work much better. Apache2 starts every time.

23. Januar 2019 at 14:16 #44075

Hi guys,

@st: I assume you accessed it from another linux device? Max2Play is controlled via web interface, so you shouldn’t need the desktop or browser of the pi. If this is the output you get on our web interface, your image or sd card are somehow faulty. Try burning a new max2play image and see if the issue persists. If so, try another sd card if you have it (you need a class 10 speed or higher for ideal max2play use)

@weka: we added an additional 10 secs runtime delay to make sure apache2 will also start with slower cards and pi’s in our newest beta. However, you are right that you do need a fast SD card to get all features of Max2Play working ideally.

23. Januar 2019 at 21:46 #44100

Hi Heiner,
    you are right, I use Ubuntu on my laptop. But this shouln’t make a difference, as I use the web interface with the IP adress of my raspberry. So I’ll try burning a new image. Thanks for the answer.
    Best regards
    S.T.

24. Januar 2019 at 12:11 #44128

Hi st,

I just wanted to make sure the linux device is not the Pi itself. Thanks for clearing this up. Please let me know if your new install should reproduce the error.

24. Januar 2019 at 21:35 #44153

Hi Heiner,
    I did, like you described, burned the image to a sd card, but it didn’t work. I tried the original one, I bought with the m2p on, but it didn’t work either. In the browser it says still:

loadViewHeader(); // search for Controller and View by Name in URL if (! isset($_GET[‚page‘]) || strpos($_GET[‚page‘], ‚plugin‘) === FALSE) { $pagename = preg_replace(‚=[^0-9a-zA-Z\.]=‘, “, isset($_GET[‚page‘]) ? $_GET[‚page‘] : “); if ($pagename == “) { // get Default Plugin for first Page foreach ($service->plugins[‚plugin‘] as $plugin) { if (isset($plugin[‚default‘]) && $plugin[‚default‘] == 1) { include_once (APPLICATION_PATH . $plugin[‚path‘]); break; } } } } else { // get Plugin by Config… check for Images or other Content if(preg_match(‚=\.(png|jpg|gif|pdf)$=‘, $_GET[‚page‘])){ // just Output Content $file = APPLICATION_PATH . ‚/‘ . $_GET[‚page‘]; ob_clean(); $size = getimagesize($file); header(‚Content-Type: ‚.$size[‚mime‘]); header(‚Content-Length: ‚.filesize($file)); readfile($file); exit; }else{ include_once (APPLICATION_PATH . ‚/‘ . $_GET[‚page‘]); } } $service->loadViewFooter(); ob_flush();

Is there anything else, I could try to get the raspi to life again?

Best regards
    S.T.

25. Januar 2019 at 12:10 #44157

Hi ST,

This seems to be basically the index php text from our web interface start. So your browser/end device might be the issue.

Could you try accessing from a smartphone or use another browser?

Also, when you have a screen connected during boot, does it run through console and then start a desktop? If so, your max2play runs correctly. If not, please share the error message the console hangs on.

25. Januar 2019 at 18:15 #44183

Hi Heiner,
    on my Android smartphone firefox says the same. Chrome just says:

Die Webseite ist nicht erreichbar
    http://192.168.xxx.yyy/ ist nicht erreichbar.
    ERR_ADRESS_UNREACHABLE

I now realized, that the led at the LAN Cable are not blinking, and on fritz.box the raspberry is shown as „unused connection“, although the raspberry is directly connected to the fritzbox. At the raspi there is a red light on, so electricity seems to be on.
    I was also asking the supplier about my problem and he told me, I could give it back.
    Maybe the raspi is somehow faulty.
    Best regards
    ST

25. Januar 2019 at 19:58 #44185

Hi , as Heiner said. Connect a tv to the hdmi port then remove the power lead and replug and see what happens on the tv. Cheers

25. Januar 2019 at 21:24 #44186

Hi,

maybe you could also try to test with another power supply and look what’s happening while connected via HDMI to a TV/monitor.

Markus

28. Januar 2019 at 10:42 #44191

Hi ST,

It’s more likely that the SD card or the image installation is somehow faulty. Try burning a fresh image or using another SD if possible.

18. April 2020 at 12:42 #48548

Hi Heiner,

I hope you are well and can help with my issue. I’m a relative linux noob but have use m2p for the last few years without problem – great software which I prefer to moode, volumio etc. I’m having major problems since updating the packages and kernel yesterday (everything seemed fine) and then tring to install MPS/Ampache which crashed my allo usbridge signature. I got the same message as the OP above when rebooting and trying to connect to the m2p browser via wifi dongle..

Even after trying several fresh m2p image installs on different SD cards (class 10 / U1 which all worked great before) this message persists when trying certain m2p browser tabs (settings/reboot and filesystem mount) so am unable to configure the system. The others tabs seem to work. Connecting to m2p browser via ethernet doesn’t give the above message but max2play still doesn’t respond as normal – I can’t start squeezlite for example..

Trying to launch … NOT successful Click here to show detailed information
    [11:19:24.739588] test_open:384 playback open error: No such device
    [11:19:24.739789] output_init_common:382 unable to open output device

I’ve also tried re-installing moode audio but this no longer works either. So I’m worried I’ve somehow broken the allo. I did have to throw away the m2p pre-loaded sd card I received from you with the allo usb sig so I’m wondering if this unit keeps corrupting these cards somehow! Any help appreciated!

Cheers,

James

18. April 2020 at 14:21 #48549

Hi Heiner,

Update – I now have the Allo working to a point – at least I’m able to play music! I did this by setting up my music folder and DAC through LMS seettings rather than m2p browser. The m2p browser still gives the OP’s message („loadViewHeader…“) for the settings/reboot and filesystem mount tabs. I’m also no longer able to use the following in my browser to switch m2p off (http://192.168.1.128/plugins/max2play_settings/controller/Basic.php?action=shutdown). So the issue appears to be with the m2p browser when connecting over wifi? totally confused so any help still appreciated so that I can get back to full functionality.

Thanks again,

James

21. April 2020 at 14:11 #48564

Hi jamesb,

Usually this shouldn’t happen with a new image. That’s why I assume that something could have gone wrong when burning the SD card. Please burn a new image onto the SD card again while following these instructions in our wiki: https://www.max2play.com/en/wiki/burning-the-image-onto-memory-card/

Then try the Ampache Update + Update of the PHP version again. The error indicated that PHP did not run correctly after the update. Maybe that was due to an older Max2Play version you had installed.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here