Rainbowscreen on startup

Max2Play Home Forums SD-Card Imaging and getting started Rainbowscreen on startup

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 16. März 2016 at 21:13 #19323

Hi,

today i downloaded the image „Max2Play HiFiBerry Image (Raspberry Pi)“ and copied it with Win32DiskImager and also ApplePi-Baker.
    After i plugged the card into my Raspberry Pi 3 the Raspi starts with the rainbow screen and stuck.

Do you have an idea, what are wrong?

thanks.

16. März 2016 at 23:25 #19325

I have the same issue — I’m using a Pi 3 with an IQAudio Pi-Digiamp+. I used WinDiskImager on a pc and Pi Filler on a mac, on a previously used card and on a brand new card, always the green blinking light. I got the test file from IQaudio to work perfectly, sound played great. Also got NOOBS to load without any problems. Thanks for any advice.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by trsjjk.
    17. März 2016 at 9:38 #19327

Maybe, some additional info: I used a 32GB Transcend Class 10 Card.

Evtl. ist es hilfreich als zusätzliche Info, dass ich eine 32GB Transcend Class 10 Karte verwendet habe.
    Habe im Internet bereits gelesen dass es auch an einem zu klein dimensionierten Netzteil liegen kann,
    bei mir jedoch nicht – verwende ein 12V 150W Netzteil.

Wie gesagt habe ich das Image bereits per Windows als auch Mac auf die Karte gespielt,
    leider beide Male das gleiche Problem…

Danke/Thanks.

17. März 2016 at 13:01 #19333

(english version down below)

Hallo n10n50 und trsjjk,

habt ihr eines der älteren vorkonfigurierten HiFiBerry/IQaudIO-Images auf eurem Pi3 installiert? Wenn ja, dann versucht es bitte noch einmal mit dem neuen 2.28 Image „BETA: Max2Play Raspberry Pi 3 (SD-Card Image based on Raspbian Jessie Lite)“ von unserer Downloadseite. Die Unterstützung für eure HiFiBerry bzw. IQaudIO Soundkarte könnt ihr dann später mit der entsprechenden Erweiterung nachrüsten.

Roman von Max2Play

@n10n50
    wenn es ok für dich ist, würde ich in Zukunft in diesem Thread nur englisch antworten; doppelt schreiben hält etwas auf 😉

Hello n10n50 und trsjjk,

have you installed one of the older preconfigured HiFIBerry/IQaudIO-Images onto your Pi3? If so, then please try again with the new 2.28 Image „BETA: Max2Play Raspberry Pi 3 (SD-Card Image based on Raspbian Jessie Lite)“ from our download page. You can add support for your HiFiBerry or IQaudIO soundcard later on by using the appropriate extension.

Roman from Max2Play

17. März 2016 at 13:23 #19334

Hi Roman,

thank you – i installed the „m2p_hifiberry_226_wps“ image from your download page.
    But i can also test the new Pi3 image with the additional plugins tomorrow.

Thanks for your support.

18. März 2016 at 5:35 #19343

Thanks, I downloaded the Raspabian Jessie beta and got it to load. I also have to type the pi’s IP address into the browser window to load the interface instead of http://max2play (I use an apple airport extreme, and found the IP address using Fing on the iphone). Everything is working now, thanks for the great support!

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by trsjjk.
    18. März 2016 at 10:15 #19345

Thank you, i also got it to work.

One more question: if the images goes stable, will there an update available or do i need to reinstall the image?

@trsjjk
    : You can try to access your pi via http://max2play.local
    This worked for me…

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by n10n50.
    29. März 2016 at 16:26 #19508

Hi n10n50,
    If you started with a Jessie version, not matter which, you can update along and do not need a fresh image. If you started with any non-Jessie image, you need a fresh, jessie one for your RPi3.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here