Question about best way to configure.

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Question about best way to configure.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 30. November 2016 at 16:58 #24402

I’ve been playing with MAX2PLAY for a few months, and really like what I see, so much so that I have been installing a Raspberry Pi in each room in my house. I have some what I believe are simple questions though:

I have 7 players, I want to be able to sync rooms audio. Using clients like iPeng I’ve found that I can only have one LMS running, otherwise I can’t sync the rooms, does this sound right? If possible I would like to have each Pi running LMS, so if one goes down it can still continue working, but I want the sync capability. Most likely, this is a case of me having something configured incorrectly. So the questions are:

How should each Pi be configured to support Sync? They are all on the same hardwired network.

What client do people recommend for iphone and iPad to easily manage the syncing of rooms audio?

Many thanks, love what you guys have done with this product.

7. Dezember 2016 at 14:52 #24627

Hi tyler,
    The Logitech Media Server is supposed be installed only once in a multiroom environment. The idea of the Squeezebox system is such, that you have one central server (LMS) to control all your players (Squeezelite). The Squeezelite players are always connected to only one server since the server handles the playback. Thus, it is also only possible to sync multiple players on one server, since the server has all the information and control for the players. Here is a picture that details the relationship: https://www.max2play.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/max2play_squeezebox-server_concept_-950×720.png
    Basically, you only need one LMS and should only have one installed. The players then all show up in the interface with their different names and you easily control them. There really is no advantage to multiple LMS running in the same environment; the Raspberry Pi’s were built to be able to run continuously without powering them down, do not require any significant amount of power (running it through a whole year without interruption would still cost less than 2€) and do not go down easily.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here