problems after activation of sdcardprotection-plugin

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons problems after activation of sdcardprotection-plugin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 14. August 2016 at 16:37 #22260

Hello, I like to report a problem with the sdcardwriteprotection plugin (sdcwp):

After activation and reboot I got the following errors:
    1. Failed to start LSB: Start xrdp and s…n daemons.
    See ’systemctl status xrdp.service‘ for details.

2. Failed to start LSB: start Samba daemons for deh AD DC.
    See ’systemctl status nmbd.service‘ for details.

(please note if you need the systemctl status output)

The Problem was for me, that the webinterface was not reachable any more and I therefore could not deactivate the writeprotection-plugin.
    After some searching in the source code of the plugin I was able to deactivate manually over putty with

cd /var/www/max2play/application/plugins/sdcardprotection/scripts/
    sudo ./uninstall_sdcardprotection.sh

My config is a rasberry pi3 with a Tontec MZ61581 Screen (480×320) and with jivelite and bluetooth plugin activated.
    If you need some more information to track down the problem I am happy to help, sorry I am a newbee on linux, on raspberry and somehow on writing helpful bugreports too.

Thank you for your work!
    Greetings Konus

17. August 2016 at 12:38 #22302

Hello konus,

Thank you for the information.
    We have fixed this problem. You get it with a beta-update. If you can reach the webinterface, you can update Max2Play in the settings menu. Otherwise please try to install a new image and make sure you did a beta update before you activate the sd-card write protection.

12. April 2017 at 0:36 #28128

Hi,
    I have the same problem when activating the sd-card protection. The Pi isnt reachable over network and the console stuck at login. I need to run the uninstall script to get my Pi back to work so that i can access the webinterface.

Using Max2Play 2.42 and the sd-card protection worked until today. I unistalled it and run kodi after the update to Version 2.42 and tried to use cec in jivelite. CEC is not working properly for me so i removed the package.

Now every time i activate the sd card protection, the automatic login doesnt work and i cant reach the pi over the network.

Could you please help me to solve this issue? Thanks in advance.

12. April 2017 at 11:37 #28147

Hi anesthesia

We have simulated your technical problem in our lab, and everything worked well. Please try to burn new image, install the other plugins that you need then make sure when you enable the SD card protection plugin to reboot the system, we recommend you to make all the configuration to your system before installing the SD card protection plugin.

Regards,
    Mohammad Mbydeen

12. April 2017 at 23:55 #28191

Just burned the image again, made my settings and then installed the sd card protection. Now it is working well, thanks. Maybe the CEC Function of Jivelite was faulty. I had an similar problem with it in the past that the autologin failed. Now its running without CEC and everything is working.

13. April 2017 at 11:03 #28196

Hi anesthesia,

Its good to know that you solved your problem.

Best Regards,
    Mohammad Mbydeen

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here