Paspberry Pi 3 with PiFi Dac+ …audio out with S/PDIF (RCA)…Which Soundcard!?

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Paspberry Pi 3 with PiFi Dac+ …audio out with S/PDIF (RCA)…Which Soundcard!?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 19. Mai 2016 at 16:55 #20190

Hi All,

Apologies for long topic title…

I’m using a R Pi 3 with the HiFiberry clone card called a PiFi Dac+… aiming to get S/PDIF audio into my Ps Audio Sprout…

I’m using the Max2Play Raspberry Pi image for R Pi 3 (I’m a registered user as bought an IQAudio card direct form Max2play for my R Pi 2).

The image seems fine, and in ‚Raspberry Settings‘ I can even select this exact ‚hat‘, I choose PiFi Dac+ from the dropdown… It recognises it and gives me the option to play with digital output volume…so I’m assuming all good there!?

But I can’t get any sound out… There are a huge number of options in the ‚edit advanced settings‘ in the Audioplayer tab…feels like I’ve trialed them all… anyone know with certainty which one should work…once I know that I can test all the stupid things…like wiring (which I think is fine!)!

Would it be one with IEC958 in the line….? There are several. I’d include a screenshot but not quite sure how to do that here.

I think it’s all going to be great…but frustrating getting there… any help appreciated!

JD

23. Mai 2016 at 14:25 #20217

Hi JD,
    The correct selection should be sysdefault_…. with a specification for your sound card included.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here