Pandora

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • 6. Juli 2016 at 4:54 #21233

First, I want to sincerely thank and salute the people who have put so much hard work into M2P. I have only installed it today, but it seems to be exactly what I want. I have looked at many other possibilities, and this is the one that seems to be stable and reliable. Great work!

My use case is basically to replicate a Squeezebox device. I have Logitech Media Server running on a PC in my home and another, actual Squeezebox Touch. I want this same kind of functionality in other rooms, and in case my SBT ceases to function some day. I use the MySqueezebox.com also.

I am using a Raspberry Pi 2B and a Lucid Labs I2S DAC (which is compatible with the original HiFiBerry pinout). Also enjoying a seamless transition with Squeezer as a control app.

The ONLY deficit I have seen is that Pandora does not work under Squeezelite. After quite a lot of searching, it appears that in order to use Squeezer (or other remote apps) you MUST use mysqueezebox.com for the API’s. And the Pandora link to those API’s looks very specifically for a MAC address within those generated for the actual, branded Squeezebox hardware devices. So, when it sees the MAC address of my Pi, it enforces a „subscription only“ protocol.

I understand that there may be some way to „spoof“ a MAC address – I am not an experienced unix user, and that sort of thing is not comfortable for me.

I see that there is some capability for MAC editing within the M2P web interface, but that it is not valid or recommended for RPi.

A good post on this topic is here:

http://vortexbox.org/forum/vortexbox/help/51615-pandora-on-squeezelite?p=51621#post51621

Is there a workaround to getting Pandora to run in my scenario?

Many thanks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here