[SOLVED] NorthStar Essensio

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) [SOLVED] NorthStar Essensio

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 15. Juli 2017 at 19:54 #29921

Many moons ago „flysurfer“ was kind enought to provide the necessary majic to connect my USB dac to a rpi2B (I think it was).

I tried today with a rpi3b, just to use as a squeezelight player, but after selecting the usb output in the Raspberry Settings and rebooting, there was only the default sound outputs in Squeezelite.

Is it a kernel thing?

Ronnie

19. Juli 2017 at 15:57 #29968

Hi Ronnie,

The USB DAC option should load the default USB sound card driver of the Pi. Do you get any output when selecting this driver in the Audio Player menu?

21. Juli 2017 at 19:30 #30036

but after selecting the usb output in the Raspberry Settings and rebooting, there was only the default sound outputs in Squeezelite.

as stated in my post, no usb output

Ronnie

raspberry settings

Audioplayer settings

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Man in a van.
    24. Juli 2017 at 14:30 #30081

Hi Ronnie,

Have you tried selecting the sysdefault option, yet?

25. Juli 2017 at 14:53 #30138

Heiner, the sysdefault shows only the pi audio card, no usb.

Squeezelite settings

Ronnie.

I have plugged in another dac to the pi and that shows on the settings, so it’s just the Essensio that does not show (I think it used to show as „Star“.

26. Juli 2017 at 15:04 #30172

Hi Ronnie,

Unfortunately, we do not have this DAC to recreate your issue. Have you checked it on another end device to make sure its not a hardware problem?

28. Juli 2017 at 16:02 #30227

Heiner, there is no hardware fault. Max2Play used to support this dac on Raspberry pi and two Odroid devices.

That is why its name is in the usb drop down on the Raspberry settings page.

plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose

1. August 2017 at 11:39 #30278

Hi Ronnie,

It is indeed a kernel issue. We compiled this back when there were just a few updates to the kernel every year.

However, there might be a solution that is independent of these issues. We will inform you if this solution works out.

1. August 2017 at 16:14 #30285

Hi Ronnie,

We now changed the selection of Essensio Card to incorporate the kernelchange. Please try updating to the newest beta, selecting „none“ in the sound card setting and selecting your card again. In this selection, the system will need a little time to adjust all changes, including ones in the ALSA library. So please be patient as the process might take some minutes.

Also, have you tried just selecting the default sound output with a completely new image to see whether the card gets recognized and how it’s handled by the system?

1. August 2017 at 18:39 #30291

Heiner, just tried to post a reply but it’s got lost somewhere, lol.

I tried this

Also, have you tried just selecting the default sound output with a completely new image to see whether the card gets recognized and how it’s handled by the system?

but had no luck, the Essensio did not show.

This was better though

Please try updating to the newest beta, selecting “none” in the sound card setting and selecting your card again.

I’ll try and paste a screen shot

success

Thanks very much.

Ronnie

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by Man in a van.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here