No 'Upgrade to latest version' button on Kodi V2.44

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons No 'Upgrade to latest version' button on Kodi V2.44

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 17. August 2017 at 23:50 #30687

I’m using Odroid XU4.

I saw on the change log that the latest version of Max2Play (V2.44) now includes an update button for Kodi. I was really pleased to see this feature added so I just updated to this latest version but I don’t have the new update button for Kodi.

All I see is the ‚Kodi (video) start installation‘ button, but no upgrade button next to it. I’m currently running 16.1

Is this upgrade button only for Raspbery Pi, or should it appear on my Odroid?

I’d really like to update Kodi. Hope someone can advise.

Thanks.

21. August 2017 at 13:13 #30715

Hi Teetertank,

Our tested update was only for Raspberry. However, you can always manually update Kodi in our web interface. You just need to find the right version for Odroid XU4. It is based on Ubuntu 16.04

11. Januar 2018 at 3:11 #33348

I am still having problems trying to update to latest Kodi version.

I tried pasting https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc/+archive/ppa link into the ‚Choose Kodi/XBMC-Package by http-link‘ for update on the Kodi tab of the Max2play web interface.

There were some errors during installation, but at the end it said installation complete.

When trying to start Kodi, I now get the following error:

Trying to launch … NOT successful Click here to show detailed information
    Use Interface eth0 with -m 00:1e:06:31:13:96
    Stopping Squeezelite
    Stopping Shairport
    rm: cannot remove ‚/tmp/shairport.pid‘: Operation not permitted
    sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified
    /opt/max2play/start_xbmc.sh: 35: /opt/max2play/start_xbmc.sh: /usr/local/bin/xbmc: not found

Would you be able explain how to fix or to show me which Kodi update link I need for an Odroid XU4 please? Would be great if you could include an update button on the next version of Max2play.
    Thanks.

15. Januar 2018 at 12:42 #33429

Hi Teetertank,

Unfortunately, we shifted our development efforts from Odroid to Raspberry Pi some time ago.

All versions for Odroid are still fully functional, however, there are no updates planned for these Ubuntu-based operating systems.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here