No sound from Benchmark DAC2 L via USB with Odroid XU4

Max2Play Home Forums General Questions on Hardware and Max2Play Versions No sound from Benchmark DAC2 L via USB with Odroid XU4

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 16. Juni 2016 at 5:59 #20699

Has any one used a bechmark dac connected via usb with odroid?

While max2play recognizes the Dac and the dac lights indicate that it is connected via the usb 2.0 protocall, I can get no sound.

I have tried all options for the dac via the dropdown box in the Squeezelite player and none will produce any sound.

Appreciate any troubleshooting advice.

Thanks

17. Juni 2016 at 3:44 #20706

UPDATE: I was able to figure out that Unbutu mutes the output of all soundcards by default. I lauched a terminal window from the Unbutu desktop and used alsamixer to unmute the sound card. Now I have sound!

Unfortunately, rebooting Unbutu resets the mute.

I think there is an alsa command I can place in squeezelite confuguration option but I cannot seem to figure out the syntax.

I welcome any knowledge or advice onthis matter.

17. Juni 2016 at 5:39 #20707

Now retaining settings on reboot. Success!

27. Juni 2016 at 3:34 #20858

In order to make the Benchmark Dac work, I had to log into the Odroid via ssh at a terminal window. I then executed the „alsamixer“ command to get the alsamixer window where i then had to unmute the outputs.

6. Juli 2016 at 16:05 #21270

Hi shepdoug,
    Thanks for the great documentation on your troubles with this third-party sound card. This can help other users who might want to venture in the same direction.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here