no sound from airplay

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons no sound from airplay

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 16. Oktober 2016 at 23:41 #23426

Hi there,

i am using PI3 @ AMP+. I have 2 devices, on both i have newest max2play images. I want to use them as multi room, all is ok, until i want to use airplay. As soon I send something – there is no sound from device. Tested on both devices, to many times reinstalled – no luck.

does anybody have any idea?

Thx
    Juras

17. Oktober 2016 at 16:14 #23431

Hi juras,
    Are you using the Shairport player or the shairtunes2 plugin for the Squeezebox Server?

17. Oktober 2016 at 17:26 #23433

Hi Heiner,

I use Shairport – as this integrated in M2P images.

18. Oktober 2016 at 14:10 #23438

Please check whether you have Squeezelite set to autostart since this might interfere with shairport. However, if you want to use your system as multiroom, you might be better off with the Squeezebox system, you can install shairtunes2 to turn all your Squeezelite players into AirPlay-compatible players and can still take advantage of the great multiroom features of the Squeezebox Server.

7. Juli 2017 at 23:24 #29853

Frustrating!

I have Shairport NOT running.
    I have Squeezebox installed and running, and have Shairtunes2 installed.

When I scroll up on iphone 7 to turn on airplay, nothing happens for about 1 minute, then I’m asked for apple tv password. All I want to do is to stream music from my phone to the audio player. I have searched this forum several times, the how-to’s, pretty much scoured this entire website, and have yet to find a word for word setup for how to make this work.

Please advise. Thank you.

10. Juli 2017 at 10:09 #29867

Do you also have Shairtunes (not Shairtunes2) installed by any chance? You can disable it in the Squeezebox server web admin page (settings).

12. Juli 2017 at 20:25 #29894

Hi jim,

Sorry about the inconvenience. Do you have Squeezelite running, and if so, what output do you have selected. With shairtunes2, the Squeezelite players act as the AirPlayers as well. Also please check on the hint that isolli gave above.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here