Needs to reboot three or more times a day

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Needs to reboot three or more times a day

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 15. Januar 2017 at 12:04 #25919

Since some time I have to reboot Max2Play several times a day to keep it working. I’m not sure if it loses connection with the server or something else, but it sounds like a continues ‚dudududud‘ sound (sorry, couldn’t describe it any other way).

It doesn’t matter if it’s get music directly from my server or by Deezer or a radio-stream.

Raspberry Pi2
    Max2Play 2.40
    Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 – 1453293926 @ Thu Jan 21 04:09:26 UTC 2016
    Hostname: DiskStation
    Server IP Address: 192.168.0.10
    Server HTTP Port Number: 9002
    Operating system: Synology DiskStation – EN – utf8
    Platform Architecture: unknown
    Perl Version: 5.24.0 – armle-linux
    Audio::Scan: 0.93
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)

16. Januar 2017 at 12:27 #25924

Dear EdKo66,

If your setup is connected wireless with your router, please try a connect with a LAN cable. Maybe you have only a bad Connection to your router.
    If it does not help, please send me some more informations about your setup:

Which soundcard is on the Raspberry Pi (if you use one)?

Have you connected some USB devices? E.g. a wifi dongle? Often there is a problem, that the device have not enough energy if there are plugged several usb devices.

Best Regards

16. Januar 2017 at 13:08 #25927

It happens both with wireless and with ethernet connected. 🙁

Installed is a 3d sound USB card (as seen on the Instructable.com page) and a wi-fi dongle. I’ve used the same Pi and wi-fi dongle for my Kodi/XBMC setup and tehn it worked flawlessly.

Going to keep an ye on it and see if and when it happens again.

17. Januar 2017 at 16:38 #26009

Dear EdKo66,

This could be a power supply problem. If you use a wifi dongle, a usb soundcard at the same time, it could be possible that you need a better power supply than the 2A power supply which comes with the Raspberry Pi.

Best Regards.

5. Februar 2017 at 17:10 #26685

Hi Christoph,

I have the same issue :
    I have two squeezlites : one with Hifiberry Amp+ and one with an usb sound card.

And every about 6 hours, the squeezelite with usb card stop working and I heard „dududududududu“.
    To fix that, I have to restart the squeezelite service (I do it with a ssh connection, I’ve never try with the web interface).

I changed the power supply but I have the same issue.
    I’ve used this usb card fo a couple of years with mpd and with this power supply and I’ve never had this problem.

Any idea ?

Best regards,

Sevya

16. Februar 2017 at 17:00 #26978

Hi Sevya,
    If you have not yet, please activate max USB current in our Raspberry Settings.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here