Music hangs mid track then resumes

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Music hangs mid track then resumes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 15. März 2016 at 22:39 #19304

I’ve had my system set up for a few months now. I have the main Max2Play squeezebox / squeezeplug in the kitchen which is also our main player.

I’ve had no problems with this ever since I installed it until tonight.

Now, for some reason the music stops mid track, waits for a random number of seconds and then resumes playing.

I’m controlling the server using Squeezer on my Android phone which doesn’t show any problems but does show the music stopping.

I can see nothing in /var/log/messages to show any Linux errors and I can see nothing in /var/log/squeezeboxserver/server/log to point to any problems there.

Can anyone suggest what I need to look at next to try to fix the problem?

18. März 2016 at 12:34 #19352

Hi Gary,

thank you for your inquiry.

Please try to reboot your Pi first. If the problems still persists then I would recommend you to check the following:

1. Navigate to Settings / Reboot
    2. Scroll down to „DEBUG Info:“
    3. Is the filesystem (nearly) full (>80% space in use)?
    4. Is the average CPU Load below 1.00?
    Roman from Max2Play
    18. März 2016 at 12:55 #19355

Hi Roman,

Rebooting the Pi was my first step. In fact I did it a couple of times between tweaking settings. All to no avail.

I did eventually resolve the problem last night. I use a number of TPLink Ethernet-over-Power plugs to get network around the house. One of these had hung. Once I unplugged and reconnected that, everything started working again.

Although I was using thr player on the same Pi as the server, it is synchronized to other players and I think that must have been the issue.

Thanks anyway.

Gary

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here