Music from WDMyCloud

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Music from WDMyCloud

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 6. April 2016 at 20:38 #19685

Hello „Guten Abend“ I was just wondering will Max2Play work with a WD My Cloud as want to use with a Pi2 and official Raspberry Pi touch display to play music from the network drive, have installed Max2Play plus plugins JIVELITE and RPi Display plus setup Filesystem – mount network paths but can’t workout how to access the music on drive ?

7. April 2016 at 13:20 #19694

Eyerex,
    Have you tried the example parameters from the web interface, yet? If you click on the „Show Help“ button, you get examples and explanations on all of them. The path should be the exact path to the folder you want to mount with the IP address or name of the hdd, the mountpoint is where the folder will appear in your Pi’s memory, the type is almost always cifs and the other options can be copied and pasted, you just need to enter your user and pw to access the network hdd.

7. April 2016 at 22:20 #19702

Hello have network drive mounted ok the bit i don’t understand is what i use to play the music as just want to use the Pi2 with Touch screen and the network drive or does Max2Play need a Logitech Media Server for it to work which is not something i want to use as this needs to be running all the time on a PC os may as well go back to using Moode Audio or Volumio which work with playing music off my network drive it’s just a pain setting up the screen

Have Jivelite installed but can’t find any access to the network drive ie the WD My Cloud

7. April 2016 at 22:28 #19703

Just wondered do i need to install Squeezebox Server via the install tab to get Jivelite to play the music on my network drive ?

feel like a plum if thats the case 🙂

8. April 2016 at 10:29 #19707

Have to say i give up with Max2Play which is a shame as wasted a bit of money buying a license but fingers crossed it helps make it a bit more user friendly in the future, have gone back to using Moode Audio and just use my PC or iPad as a controller which i can setup in mins

8. April 2016 at 15:16 #19715

Hi Eyerex,
    – One instance of the Squeezebox Server is necessary in your network to play music over Squeezelite players and control those players over Jivelite.
    – You can choose a source for your music in the Squeezebox Server’s first start, this should then be your WD mycloud that you have mounted.
    – Once this is done you can play all the music of your hdd and control your players via jivelite, web interface or mobile app.

8. April 2016 at 17:05 #19718

So does the Squeezebox Server need to be running on another PC for this all to work our can it be run from the one single Pi ie install the Squeezebox Server plugin and Jivelite plus Display plugin all on the one Pi ?

8. April 2016 at 19:46 #19719

It’s alive 🙂

Installed Squeezebox Server plugin then went into the Logitech Media Server settings and finally found the folder which had to be added which was hidden away in the mnt folder and it’s all working now

Thanks for the help and sorry for being a pain 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here