Multisqueeze on more than 1 raspberry Pi

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Multisqueeze on more than 1 raspberry Pi

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 18. April 2016 at 20:59 #19811

Hi

First of ll thanks for a great product – well worth the small fee! I am very new to this so please be patient.

I have two raspberry Pi’s – One on the in the Living room (LAN) named ‚GroundFloor‘ which is running multisqueeze. this pi is running a Bluetooth Speaker (named BoomBox) and a Wired speaker (named LivingRoom) via the Pi sound jack I will upgrade to a soundcard soon!).

Upstairs i have another Pi 3 running off Wifi named ‚MasterBedroom‘. I attempted to set up Multisqueeze on this to no avail (it would not display the player (named MasterBedroom) which is running a bluetooth speaker. Eventually I disabled Multisqueeze and used the Audioplayer which works (all 3 players are available on iPeng).

Eventually i would like to add more players to the MasterBedroom Pi. Am I right in thinking that Multisqueeze cannot run on more than one Pi at the same time? Will I need to setup a Pi for each player?

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

21. April 2016 at 12:58 #19888

Hi Deeko,
    MultiSqueeze on several devices should not be an issue. The problem should be that you named the other Player the same as the device which is the name that the Audioplayer instance of Squeezelite receives. So, please try giving the Multisqueeze players a different name and see if this works.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here