Mounting issues

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons Mounting issues

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 16. April 2017 at 13:17 #28271

On a MAX2Play installation I suffer mounting problems with my Synology NAS server. When installing PicorPlayer with Jivelite or OpenElec connecting to my NAS server it ALWAYS works fine. I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong by following the Max2play instructions. If I have to do such things like mounting outside of Max2play, there is no more reason for me to use Max2Play anymore.
    What am I doing wrong?

Max2play: //192.168.0.40/music mnt/music cifs user=*****,password=********,sec=ntlm,iocharset=utf8

Error: no mountingpoint set

On PicorePlayser: mount -t -v cifs -0 username=*****,password=********,//192.168.0.40/music /mnt/music

Thanks for your help

18. April 2017 at 11:49 #28320

Hi Ronald,

Please have a look on the below information:

Network Shares (e.g. shares on Synology Diskstation with SMB/CIFS) are mounted following the example:

Path (IP or hostname and Path): for type cifs: //IP-ADDRESS/PATH

Mountpoint on Max2Play (for usage in Squeezebox Server or XBMC): /mnt/mountdir/ Mountpoint must be a subdirectory in /mnt/ OR /media/ and will be generated, if it is not existing.

Type: mostly cifs (in special NFS setups nfs)

Options (user, password and other options for network share): e.g. user=name,password=pass,sec=ntlm,iocharset=utf8

important: always add to the options sec=ntlm!

Note on NFS-Shares: you must use another Path and no user credentials in options! Example: IP-ADDRESS:PATH or *:PATH

If encountering problems with setting up shares you may reset the configuration file on Settings-Page („Reset configs to Max2Play delivery configuration“).

Best Regards,
    Mohammad Mbydeen

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Mbydeen.
    4. Juni 2017 at 15:06 #29223

Hi.

Experiencing the same issue.
    Any solution yet? Maybe a Synology related issue?

Thanks

Marc

4. Juni 2017 at 20:44 #29230

Just install Picoreplayer whithout M2P.

M2P is having too much overload and too much options

6. Juni 2017 at 12:45 #29266

Hi Marc,
    Have you tried mounting with a different user login and following Mohammad’s guidelines? We have a Synology DiskStation here in our offices and regularly mount paths on Max2Play devices without issues, so I do not think that Synology is the problem.

8. Juni 2017 at 21:16 #29430

Hi Heiner,

Yes, tried all that.
    Mounts did work „for years“.
    Since I am not a Linux expert: is there anything I can do via SSH?

Thanks and regards

Marc

12. Juni 2017 at 11:37 #29499

Hi NOx,

Firstly, please make absolutely sure that your folders and files are do not have special rights or encryptions. This can trip up the Pi in recognizing a share.

Then, please try the credentials airheader used to fix his issue with Synology (click).

24. Juni 2017 at 11:54 #29696

Hallo Heiner,

made it work again.
    The pi was not able to resolve the IP for the name „Diskstation“ (still don’t know why).
    So I put the IP itself into the mount.

BUT: Since yesterday samba doesn’t seem to work at all on my max2play installation. Mounts don’t work, after hitting „Netzwerk Geräte anzeigen“ the list is empty.

„Help“

Regards

Marc

EDIT: After changing the mount to
    //10.0.0.2/music /mnt/musik cifs user=user,password=password,sec=ntlm,iocharset=utf8,vers=3.0
    it works again. But still „Netzwerk Geräte anzeigen“ generates an empty list.
    May this be related to the latest Samba-Scurity-Updates on my Synology?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by NOx.
    28. Juni 2017 at 15:14 #29745

Hi Marc,

We have not had any other issues with it, yet. But we will test this on our Synology to make sure there is no greater issue. Thanks for the heads up.

17. Mai 2018 at 19:15 #35749

hello,
    mount goes successfully with the following message:
    Directory created: /mnt/volume1/Music
    Mountpoint successfully added

but yet, when LMS is set to scan /mnt/volume1/Music,
    it sees no files.
    yes, the /mnt/volume1/Music folder shows, but it’s not really Synology NAS.

what is going on?

18. Mai 2018 at 13:35 #35759

Please share your mount info so I can see what might have caused the issue.

21. Juli 2018 at 0:34 #36708

Hi,

I’ve been facing the same issue. Web interface says that mount is successful but there are no files in /mnt/test. I’m using the same syntax as in examples, also I have tried different combinations over ssh and web interface and still no results.

23. Juli 2018 at 9:12 #36733

Hi kordas,

Please share the specifics of your mount. Make sure you have no special rights or restrictions on your folders and files, change your username and password for login creating a new one on your drive and make sure you have the same mount format in your drive.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here