Media server for images and mov videos

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Media server for images and mov videos

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 29. Oktober 2015 at 12:53 #16608

Hi,
    i use the max2play (squeezeplug: SPMAX2PLAY_RPI_212) image with a r-pi 2 for sharing mp3, jpg and various video files to my PlayStation 3:
    I made the experience, that „Logitech media server (LMS) Nightly 7.9“ is only good for music: Jpg-files were often recognized as defective! The „change to the next pic“ – performance was not so good, too.
    And *.mov files (videos of my iphone) could not be played: Does anyone know a good media server plugin (e.g. with transcoding) for max2play for pictures and different videos (avi,mp4,mov with xvid,flv,x264,mpeg,etc.)?
    Or another (better) way how to handle it? Unfortunately I need of course the LMS for my Logitech audio player.

Thank you!
    klara

30. Oktober 2015 at 14:24 #16625

Hi klara,
    We have the DLNA server-plugin which should work perfectly with your PS3, here is a link to the plugin page: https://www.max2play.com/features/dlna-server/

9. November 2015 at 23:11 #16825

Hi,
    thanks: Now i use the Mini-DLNA Server and i use the tool VideoContainerSwitcher for a fast change .mov to .mp4 (the codec is not the problem, only the container and this is the fastest way!). i have to convert only the .3gp – files (Any Video converter).
    kl.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here