[SOLVED] Max2Play with Logitech Squeezebox Duet fails

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) [SOLVED] Max2Play with Logitech Squeezebox Duet fails

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 27. Dezember 2016 at 0:26 #25251

Question:
    How can I make Max2Play to stream the music to my Duet Receiver?

Info:
    I have installed my Duet Controller + Receiver on my net, LMS on a PC and all music on a NAS4FREE. Works great. Fast responsive, just great.

My next step is to use „LMS“ on a Raspberry PI as a lean music server and put it next the the NAS. Possibly even use the ASUS router as a NAS for only the music, if that works.
    My idea was to use Max2Play with the Squeezebox server to stream the music to the Duet Receiver.
    Have I completely misunderstood this? Isn’t this supposed to do exactly what I want? Or can the Squeezebox only output music via an installed sound card installed in the Raspberry PI?

I have installed „Max2Play Raspberry Pi Image“, activated the Squeezebox Server and configured it to mount my CIF drive and catalogued my music. When attaching my Duet Controller to the Max2Play server, it can browse for music files and play them (the progress indicator in the Duet Controller window is moving), but no music is streamed through the Duet Receiver.

All help is very appreciated.
    Thanks

5. Januar 2017 at 15:21 #25564

Hi dboy,

Sorry about the late response. Your proposed setup should indeed work fine. The server should be able to access, control and stream music to any squeeze player in your local network. Have you tried the Duet on another LMS to rule it out as the source of error?

9. Januar 2017 at 14:21 #25693

Hi Dboy,

I myself am also using a logitech duet receiver unit with LMS on a Raspberry Pi 3 and I have it working. But I am in the unfortunate situation that my Duet controller unit has charging issues so I can’t use it.

But in my search for solutions I came across a perl script, which can be used to access the configuration of the logitech reciever directly and adjust settings, This may also help you. It is called Net:UDAP. This article explains how to use it and explains the different setup parameters. Especially the server_address:
    squeezecenter_address: should reflect the IP address of your LMS server machine.

I am currently controlling the my logitech squeezbox receiver using Rpi 3 with LMS using max2play and jivelite using touchscreen. This works, but only with WiFi enabled, while my Rpi 3 has also an ethernet-connection using a cable. I am still puzzled by that bit myself.

Greetings,

Megantonneke

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here