Max2Play on PiZero with IQaudIO card

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Max2Play on PiZero with IQaudIO card

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 26. März 2016 at 16:02 #19469

Hi,
    I’ve installed the Max2Play IQaudiIO Version 2.29 on my Raspberry Pi Zero. Sadly I can’t find the IQaudIO Pi-DACZero in the dropdown selection in the menu “IQAUDIO”.
    What soundcard should I use instead or what do I have to do that this soundcard shows up?
    Many thanks and best regards
    muhackl

27. März 2016 at 16:26 #19474

So if anybody is facing the same issue: Just select „IQaudio Pi-DAC+“. This works because this sound card is built the same way than the Pi-DAC Zero. Would be nice if the Max2Play Documentation would mention this. Also activiating this sound card in the IQaudIO menu or ins the „Raspberry settings“ did not make it selectable in the „Audioplayer“ menu out of the box. I had to ad the entry „dtoverlay=iqaudio-dacplus“ to the /boot/config.txt of the raspberry pi. After that, the sound card was selectable in the „Audioplayer“ menu.

29. März 2016 at 17:00 #19511

Hi muhackl,
    You are correct, the drivers for the IQaudIO Pi-DAC are the same as the Pi-DAc Zero. However, the reason why you cannot select the option is because you do not have a valid premium license which is required to activate the Raspberry Settings where the sound card management is handled. After activating the premium license, the option for the DAC will automatically appear in the output section.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here