[LIRC Infrared Fix Update] Max2Play Hardware Control Plugin – We Need Your Feedback!

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Development (Ideas, Wishes) [LIRC Infrared Fix Update] Max2Play Hardware Control Plugin – We Need Your Feedback!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 96 total)
  • 28. November 2018 at 15:38 #42371

Hi Max2Play Community,

We have been working on a Hardware Control Plugin to give everyone a chance to set up control features like rotary encoders, infrared receivers and any other device you might want to use with Max2Play.

Now we need your help to make sure it is as great and optimally configured as it can be!

So far, we have added an option for hardware volume control with a rotary encoder and an option for infrared control of Jivelite, MPD and Squeezelite. We also recently updated our support of the JustBoom Smart Remote to have all buttons‘ bindings work with Jivelite.
    If this is a universal binding for most Pi remotes, we might also add it to the Hardware Control Plugin. So if you have a USB remote by any other company that works with this setup from the JustBoom plugin, please let us know.

The Hardware Control Plugin is currently still in beta but you can already check it out with an active license and give us feedback here:

What else would you like to see in the plugin?

Which hardware control product for Pi would work great with Max2Play?

What do you use to control your Max2Play system?

Here is the link to install the Hardware Control Plugin in beta.

We look forward to your responses 🙂

-> New Development: Infrared LIRC Update

9. Dezember 2018 at 13:24 #42618

hi,

i’ve tried a flirc usb dongle without success, do i need to change the ir codes in the config file? if so what are the new parameters please?

thanks.

10. Dezember 2018 at 11:31 #42630

Hi james,

Editing should not be necessary. Which software do you want to control?

10. Dezember 2018 at 20:17 #42639

Hi Heiner,

I’d like to use a Flirc USB dongle for IR remote control of squeezelite / jivelite. I’ve programmed the dongle but not had any success with this plug in. Any help appreciated!

Thanks.

11. Dezember 2018 at 13:46 #42658

Hi James,

FLIRC is a bit different than a direct IR receiver soldered on the Pi.

The dongle emulates a normal keyboard as your IR remote so it should automatically be recognized as an input device.

You can check the different key bidings on a PC to see if they fit for your dongle.

12. Dezember 2018 at 1:00 #42708

Hi Heiner,

You are right, I don’t need this plug in. I simply used Flirc to map my remote control to the jivelite keyboard shortcuts which if found here -> https://github.com/ralph-irving/tcz-lirc/blob/master/jivekeys.csv

Cheers,

17. Dezember 2018 at 22:03 #42792

hi!
    i cant see any option for the smart remote from justboom (the one with the usb dongle)
    anything planned?
    kind regards
    Thomas

18. Dezember 2018 at 16:20 #42824

Hi Thomas,

The smart remote is now fully added and supported in the JustBoom plugin. We’ll add a universal option where you can edit the bidings to the HW control plugin.

18. Dezember 2018 at 23:51 #42833

thanks for your reply Heiner!
    just to clear this out for me:
    i should wait for the ‚universal option‘ to get my (already at home lying around) smart remote working?

kind regards
    thomas

19. Dezember 2018 at 10:17 #42834

No, you can already use it in the JustBoom plugin 😉

10. Januar 2019 at 17:12 #43427

Hi Heiner!
    happy new year! …. but i still have troubles with the smart remote:
    Pi Zero + Justboom Zero Amp + USB2go + Justboom Dongle + Justboom Smart Remote
    max2play V47 – fresh install

whenever i connect the dongle to the Raspberry Zero following happens
    – system seems to be heavily working (loosing connection to control surface)
    – comes back after some minutes, but none of the buttons is working

– if i ‚restart‘ the pi via deconnect / connect power source
    the pi isnt booting anymore -> new install is needed

repeatable

any hints?

kind regards
    thomas

11. Januar 2019 at 15:48 #43520

Hi thomas,

We do not recommend removing the power source before properly shutting down over the web interface. This does harm the microSD card, so this might the source of your issues. What does the Health Checker (Settings/Reboot) say during the JustBoom process?

12. Januar 2019 at 10:18 #43548

I switched to max2play from volumio. There was a plugin to get hardware-buttons on the pi through GPIO Pins to Start/Pause/Volume+/Volume-/Next Track/Previous Track. Maybe this is already implemented but I couldnt find it so far. That functionality would be very nice.

best regards
    Gregor

12. Januar 2019 at 10:51 #43549

The thing I would be most interested in, is an on/off button: power on > power on & boot, power off > shutdown & power off. Don’t know if this already works with the button you sell.

FZinForen

14. Januar 2019 at 18:02 #43615

Hi Gegor and FZ,

A direct power off/on button is currently only supported by the Audiophonics Sabre V3/V4. However, we are indeed looking for simple solutions that can be applicable to all sound card/Pi setups. Let us know if you have any recommendations. Our Max2Play system already supports simple HTTP commands for shutdown, so this could be used as integration in a hardware button. The issue would be to find the correct hardware that reboots the Pi, reinitiating power input when it’s pressed the second time because the Pi hardware only boots when the power source is newly connected.

Therefore, we generally recommend running the Pi (especially zero and 3B) 24/7 as their power consumption is extremely low and they are made to run continuously.

28. Januar 2019 at 11:58 #44193

I got Max2play working on 2 NanoPi-NEO-Air’s now with the NanoHat PCM5102A and that hat has a infrared receiver on it. Maybe this will work with it.

-Raymond Day

13. Februar 2019 at 18:57 #44450

Hi Raymond

Did the IR receiver work with the hardware plugin ??

17. Februar 2019 at 1:24 #44478

What I would really like would be support for some sort of remote wifi socket that are available on the market. It would be nice if those sockets could be configured so that they turn on if playback starts and turn off if there is no playback for several minutes. That would be a simple solution to turn on/off any amplifiers and other equipment connected to the PI. For example I currently have active speakers that I turn on/off manualy with a remote.

Also it be just great to be able to configure REST-Hooks for events like playback-starts, playback-stops, etc. So that users with programming experience could write simple severless functions to automate things like turning on/off sockets etc. or create there own WIFI HTTP controllable devices with ESP microcontrollers.

2. März 2019 at 19:45 #44611

Balance control (L/R)

Hi all,
    don’t know if this is the right place here: Is there any chance for future „balance control“ 🙂
    or is thsi not possible because of limitation in SqueezeServer Software?

Thanks a lot and you are doing a really great job :-)))))

6. März 2019 at 16:40 #44677

Hi d-muc,

As far as I know, there is no such feature available for the Squeeze software at the moment. There are some cards they would let you find a solution of your own to implement (like the DAC+ DSP by HiFiBerry) but they are not the kind of user-friendly, simple solution we are looking for in Max2Play’s plugins 😉

6. März 2019 at 23:17 #44682

Hi all,
    don’t know if this is the right place here: I want to control two GPIO pins by pressing buttons. I’ve written a small C program, using wiringPi lib to read the inputs and activate the outputs, compiled it an run it in the X Term window. It works, also when Kodi or other plugins run. How can I start my program from a plugin or during start of max2play operating system? Thanks for your feedback.

23. März 2019 at 2:52 #44855

I use the justboom-plugin for IR-Control with jivelite-display. It works fine, but not with all keys for jivelite.
    All special chars don’t work:
    , for shuffle
    . for repeat
    [ for go_now_playing
    ! to ^ for set_preset

Is it possible to use these keys?

Greatings
    bt
    ————–
    irexec.lircrc
    […]
    begin
    remote = justboom
    button = Shuffle
    prog = irxevent
    config = Key , jivelite
    end

—————
    lircd.conf
    […]
    Shuffle 0xD827

23. März 2019 at 3:30 #44856

the table with the names for the keys is here: https://github.com/aldebaran/lirc/blob/master/doc/irxevent.keys

I don’t finde the dot/spot/point for repeat. Maybe someone can help me.

26. März 2019 at 12:12 #44865

Hi bt,

Not sure if this helps but

comma = , -> line 205
    period = . -> line 207
    parenleft = [ -> line 201

9. April 2019 at 19:06 #44998

Ist die Verkabelung trotzdem noch identisch zu dem Artikel hier?

Rotary Encoder jetzt kompatibel mit JustBoom Soundkarten

Wenn nein, gibt es einen neuen Artikel, wo etwas genauer auf das to-do eingegangen wird?

VG,

Marc

10. April 2019 at 11:49 #45003

Trotzdem noch? Hat sich etwas in unserer Dokumentation oder Kommunikation geändert? Die Anleitung ist weiterhin aktuell. Worauf beziehst du dich bei deiner Frage?

10. April 2019 at 14:23 #45005

Hallo Heiner,

danke für den Hinweis mit dem Plugin Builder. Bzgl. meiner Anfrage, zum Schalten eines GPIO Ports über einen angeschlossenen Taster habe ich ein Plugin erstellt. Im /scripts Verzeichnis habe ich eine eigene .sh Datei angelegt, wo ich das compilierte C-Programm eingebunden habe und über einen Button auf der Oberfläche starten konnte. Wenn das Programm beim Booten automatisch starten soll, muss noch ein .sh Skript in dem Verzeichnis /init.d angelegt werden, das wiederum das .sh Skript im /scripts Verzeichnis aufruft. Am Beispiel des Plugins für den On/Off Button konnte ich alle notwendigen Dateien und Einträge nachvollziehen. Das Problem ist damit gelöst. Eines ist noch zu beachten, dass nicht alle GPIOs zur Verfügung stehen, wenn noch ein HifiBerryDAC+ betrieben wird.

10. April 2019 at 19:15 #45012

Trotzdem noch? Hat sich etwas in unserer Dokumentation oder Kommunikation geändert? Die Anleitung ist weiterhin aktuell. Worauf beziehst du dich bei deiner Frage?

Naja, der Eingangspost zum Hardware Control Plugin ist vom 28.11.2018 und die Verdrahtungsanleitung ist vom 26.12.2016.
    Da dachte ich, dass diese weniger mit dem erwähnten Plugin zu tun haben wird, da sie ja schon vor zwei Jahre verfasst wurde, das Plugin aber wohl neu ist?

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by Spartan117.
    11. April 2019 at 11:44 #45023

Nein, die Hardware und dessen Anwendung hat sich nicht geändert. Für JustBoom spezifisch kann man nun entweder das JustBoom Plugin oder das Hardware Control Plugin nutzen.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 96 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here