Max2Play GPIO Integration for Pause Play Next and so on buttons

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Development (Ideas, Wishes) Max2Play GPIO Integration for Pause Play Next and so on buttons

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 19. November 2015 at 21:10 #16967

I really would like a menu to configure the GPIO Ports to use Buttons for play pause next and so on on the RPI.
    Thank you for your help.
    Kind regards Hannes Goldmann.

9. Dezember 2015 at 15:26 #17198

Hi HannesGoldmann,

thanks for sharing your idea with us. I added it to our Max2Play idea list, but please be patient. It won’t be included within the next month, for sure.

Best regards
    Maximilian from Max2Play

23. Januar 2016 at 21:16 #18103

Hi Maximilian,

I biult a nice „squeezebox touch“-like device with your great max2play! Thank you so much – it was very easy 😉
    As I added a rotary encoder with a push-button-switch build in to my IQaudIO Pi-AMP+ the requestet feature would be very helpful for me too.

It would be nice to choose the function of the button/s. For me the following functionality seems to be good:

– short press: mute (or stop playback) and maybe shut down the attached 7 inch RPi Touchscreen (like a standby function so you don’t have to wait for booting up the device) –> short press again: unmute (or start playback) and power on the touchscreen
    – long press: shutdown the RPi

I found some code but that’s my first linux experience and I have no programming skills 🙁

https://volumio.org/forum/gpio-pins-control-volume-t2219.html

For testing I connected the switch with the IQaudIO Pi-AMP+ „mute“ pin. It works – but only as long as I keep the button pressed. Do you know if this behaviour could be changed or is it realized „in hardware“ of the IQaudIO Pi-AMP+? As an alternative I could use the other left GPIO 25 (which is reserved for the IR receiver)!?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by hubert77.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by hubert77.
    28. Januar 2016 at 10:52 #18183

Hi,

just take a look at fhem…
    It has a very nice an stable GPIO implementation and delivers all the tools you need for your project (eg. threshold for long key press detection).
    Some simple DOIF and WATCHDOG rules should realise all you want 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here