Max2Play as an ecosystem: what's coming next?

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Development (Ideas, Wishes) Max2Play as an ecosystem: what's coming next?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 28. Oktober 2015 at 1:26 #16590

Since I’m coming from Squeezeplug to Squeezeplug & Max2Play, I’m all in for everything Squeeze. I just configured the SP&M2P on a Rpi2 with Premium license and an iqaudio Pi-DAC+ – and yay it’s hard to wipe the grin off my face since then 🙂 Beautiful job you did here, truckloads of kudos!

Now, while I see your awesome changelog (instant player on single dac switch yeehaw!), I’m curious to see where you’re headed on the long run. And since this is the whishlist corner of you forum, my whish is the next step: portability for Squeezles ^^
    With a growing number of UPS hat boards for the Pi with buttons for shutdown, power off and start, the hardware volume control on current Pi DACs through ALSA, the break-outs for rotary encoders and mute/unmute on DAC boards like the IQaudIO, and the massive and dead cheap external USB batteries out there, plus your access point plugin, I’m wondering, if this might be the next step for Max2Play as an ecosystem as far as audio goes? Also, we’re in the middle of an upcycling trend (furniture, clothes, bicycles, accessories, old radios)…

Is there anything regarding going (semi-)portable planned in the medium/long run?

Of course, this would be nothing to be included in the premium license, rather bits and pieces as addons to buy/license and maybe maker tutorials/part listings for subscribers or so… just dreaming 🙂

• This topic was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by cowonaut. Reason: edited some typos from cell phone typing
    20. November 2015 at 12:42 #16970

Hi cowonaut,

thanks for your great input. We added your portability concept to our idea list, but unfortunately, I cannot promise we will work on it in the near future.

Best regards

Maximilian from Max2Play

20. November 2015 at 17:47 #16979

Thanks Maximilian, also for the great iqaudio support! I love the combination, especially with the update you released recently.

Re portability: it’s a fascinating movement atm with portable upcycling projects getting a lot of interest in forums and on youtube. I thought this field might help boost Max2Play up a little, too 🙂
    Cheers and have a nice weekend!
    HAVE A WEEKEND ^^

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here