Kodi/XBMC remotely controlled from Windows/Linux?

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Kodi/XBMC remotely controlled from Windows/Linux?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 15. September 2016 at 22:53 #23060

Hi, I currently use Max2play and Squeezelite+Jivelite on rpi3+7″display+Hifiberry Dac+Pro. I often control it from Windows using SqueezePlay application. I also managed to setup Jivelite on Debian Linux to control aforesaid m2p setup.

Now I would like to check out Kodi/XBMC on m2p and I have a question if there is some method to control it from Windows (x86) or even from Linux (x86) just as I do with Squeezeplay for Squeezelite? I spend substantial amount of time at Windows and wont to be able to control music playback from desktop application.
    I hope my question is understandable in English.

16. September 2016 at 14:10 #23065

Hi Ravenik,
    Kodi’s output is via HDMI from the Pi and the control also happens via the Pi’s system. Thus, you can most easily connect any USB-periphery (e.g. wireless keyboard, mouse, controller, remote control, etc.) directly to the Pi to control Kodi. You do not need an additional system like Windows since the visual output comes directly from the Pi to a connected screen.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here