Kodi Music Database & Raspi A+ & Hifiberry AMP+ & Multiroom

Max2Play Home Forums General Questions on Hardware and Max2Play Versions Kodi Music Database & Raspi A+ & Hifiberry AMP+ & Multiroom

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 17. Juni 2016 at 20:42 #20725

Hi,

i woild like to know if it is possible to use the Kodi Music Database for a Raspi & Hifiberry Multiroom Setup?
    Because i already use Kodibuntu as Music and Video Player and Database for UPnP use in the whole Network.
    So it would be nice if do not have to set up another Server (SqueezeBox) to connect the Raspi & Hifiberry for a Multiroom Setup (Squeezelite).
    Please give me so Support.

Thanks in advance.

20. Juni 2016 at 12:31 #20748

Hi dunpea1,
    For Squeezelite to work, you must have an active Squeezebox Server in your local network. However, if you want to use UPnP, you can install the GMediaRender in the „Audio Player“ menu. It behaves like a simple player client for DLNA systems.

23. Juni 2016 at 8:43 #20826

Mh, okay.
    I know i need an squeezebox Server but i dont want one.
    With the gmediarender is it possible to set up a multiroom system. With kodi as Media server?

27. Juni 2016 at 12:31 #20869

Hi dunpea,
    We recommend the Squeezebox Server as a media server since it covers a lot great features and works flawlessly on Max2Play. But since the Kodi Server feature does seem to support UPnP, you should be able to use the gmediarender as renderers and the Kodi Server as the server with any UPnP client like BubbleUPnP making it an effective multiroom system.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here