Just getting started

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Just getting started

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 22. April 2017 at 12:12 #28407

I am just getting everything up and running using a hifi berry Dac pro +. I would like to have local storage via USB drive as well as connection to LMS. I need to be able to control this with the same coding as a squeeze/LMS client to integrate with my HA system. First issue is that I am not able to get have the hard drive recognized…I have no idea why it is not showing up – I copied my music library with over 100k sounds and metadata from Kodi/EMBY. Also the web server is saying NOT ACTIVATED on the top right hand side of the screen – I have not purchased the upgraded software but most likely will once I see that it can handle the functions that I need it to…is the not activated warning because I didn’t buy the license or do I actually have to activate it? I would also like to connect a Arduino and have the arduino hat as well as the touch LCD screen. I would be adding some controls to it but was wondering if anyone had the coding for the arduino connection and using the arduino display. Can someone please help get me started on this? starting to get a little frustrated with why I can’t get the HD recognized and mounted.

24. April 2017 at 13:34 #28440

Hi Jared,
    The license info is in fact just the status of your premium license activation, nothing to worry about.

Your HD should be recognized in the Filesystem/Mount menu. Please try formatting it a standard protocol if you have not tried that.

27. April 2017 at 12:12 #28589

I look under USB devices and it is not listed…ITS HIDING!! 🙂 I am going to do a network connection but its important that I have local storage as well. Any suggestions?

27. April 2017 at 14:01 #28595

Please check what format your drive is in. If it’s not in a standard one, try one like FAT32.

2. Mai 2017 at 14:20 #28665

I believe I leave all media files in NTFS

4. Mai 2017 at 11:52 #28690

That should also not be a problem for Max2Play. Please also try activating USB max current in the Raspberry Settings (premium plugin) or a powered USB hub to rule out the drive’s power as a source of error.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here