Jivelite + usb output for usb DAC

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Jivelite + usb output for usb DAC

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 7. November 2016 at 1:39 #23742

Hi
    I have a digipi+ soundcard installed on my rpi. I have been using jivelite for a while (i like it a lot).

I have a new dac and I am wondering how I could configure my jivelite to use a usb output to send signal to the dac.

Do I need a specific sound card? If yes, Any idea which one works fine with max2play/jivelite? How complex is it to install (i am a noob)?

Thanks in advance
    Musically 🙂

7. November 2016 at 14:26 #23744

Sorry for the mistake, I will simplify the question.
    How can I configure my board to use USB?

7. November 2016 at 17:39 #23751

Hi lynoo,
    You can just connect the USB sound card and it should show up as an additional audio output in your advanced info’s sound card selection of Squeezelite and Shairport. We have successfully tested the LogiLink 7.1 card and the XFi by Creative, but generally most cards should work with the driver. Regarding Jivelite, it is just the graphic interface for your Squeezelite player, so depending on which output you select, the music will play through the corresponding device. You can add another instance of Squeezelite with the MultiSqueeze plugin to run both USB sound card and digipi+ simultaneously.

8. November 2016 at 11:30 #23765

Thanks a lot for your answer!!
    I did manage to select and use an additional audio output. I have not tried the multisqueeze option so far, but I will!

Do you know if there is a way to optimise the USB output for audio signal? I have already overclocked the RPI and increased the output current intensity in „settings“ (i dont know if it changes any thing 🙂 )?

9. November 2016 at 15:46 #23831

The increase of the output current is recommended when using a USB DAC. However, the overclocking is not.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here