Jivelite installation issues

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons Jivelite installation issues

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 20. Oktober 2015 at 18:14 #16448

Hello,

I am using max2play-squeezeplug V2.22 on a raspberry pi2 (with iqaudio dac+).

The sound is great.

After buying the premium pack, I tried to install the Jivelite addon, but there are some compilation errors that probably prevent a correct installation :

======
    /usr/include/features.h:356:25: fatal error: sys/cdefs.h: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.
    /usr/include/features.h:356:25: fatal error: sys/cdefs.h: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.
    compilation terminated.
    Makefile:233: *** Unsupported target architecture. Stop.
    make[1]: Leaving directory ‚/opt/jivelite/luajit-2.0/src‘
    Makefile:103: recipe for target ’src/luajit‘ failed
    make: *** [src/luajit] Error 2
    /opt/jivelite/jivelite /opt/jivelite/luajit-2.0 /opt/jivelite /opt /var/www/max2play/public
    cd src; PREFIX=/usr/local make
    make[1]: Entering directory ‚/opt/jivelite/jivelite/src‘
    cc -I. -I/usr/local/include/luajit-2.0 -I/usr/include/SDL -Wall -fPIC platform_linux.c -c -o platform_linux.o
    In file included from /usr/include/assert.h:37:0,
    from common.h:17,
    from platform_linux.c:9:
    compilation terminated.
    Makefile:25: recipe for target ‚platform_linux.o‘ failed
    make[1]: *** [platform_linux.o] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory ‚/opt/jivelite/jivelite/src‘
    Makefile:9: recipe for target ’srcs‘ failed
    make: *** [srcs] Error 2
    cp: omitting directory `/var/www/max2play/application/plugins/jivelite/controller/../scripts//Clock/images‘
    Add to autostart
    Configure Jivelite
    Jivelite Screensaver setting updated
    finished Click here to reload Page
    ======

Thanks for your help.

22. Oktober 2015 at 12:57 #16513

Hi loroux,
    We are sorry that you’re experiencing difficulties with our system. First of all, we recommend you update to the latest version of Max2Play, 2.23. Since you already had a faulty installation attempt, I would also recommend that you burn a new image. Also, if you have not considered it yet; expanding the filesystem first on the new and image and disconnecting all periphery on the Pi (USB keyboard, etc.).
    Please let us know if the problem persists after testing this and we will find another solution.

22. Oktober 2015 at 14:40 #16517

Heiner,

I installed max2play with the noobs 2.22 package because it is easier. Do you think it is possible to simply update max2play from the web interface (button „update max2play“ in the settings/reboot screen) ?

regards

Michel

23. Oktober 2015 at 13:24 #16534

Yes, but if your Jivelite installation failed, is it possible that this failed attempt has tainted the image. Also if you have not expanded the filesystem as your first step, that might have caused some problems. Thus, we would recommend burning a fresh image and expanding and updating it first if you have not done that yet.

2. Dezember 2015 at 13:51 #17093

Heiner,

I found that the new max2play (2.25) proposes now a new installation package (precompiled).

This package has been sucessfully installed on my Pi.

So my installation issues are solved. I have to dig a little to setup Jivelite on my installation (I use an HD TV to display)

Thanks

2. Dezember 2015 at 15:07 #17095

Great to hear!
    By the way, we now also offer a specific Max2Play Image for IQaudIO sound cards. You can check it out on our download page.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here