how to setup my RPi3 + hifiberry digi+ pro and others

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI how to setup my RPi3 + hifiberry digi+ pro and others

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 24. April 2017 at 18:22 #28445

Hi all,
    actually I’m lost. I have a RPi3 with Hifiberry Digi+ Pro and: TV is connected via HDMI (means video and cec). I have also a WD My Passport Wireless 2TB HDD connected on usb (wifi is off).
    What I planned:
    1. play video from this HDD on TV using hifiberry digi+ pro (192kHz/24bit) as sound output.
    2. play music on hifiberry digi+ pro (192kHz/24bit)
    3. play music using bluetooth connecting any bluetooth speakers (quality is not really important). This should be optionally driven by a smartphone (using wifi to connect to RPi3)
    4. play music on hifiberry Digi+ Pro using bluetooth (that means some external sources sending music to RPi3)
    5. using DLNA to play music/video on smartphone/anywhere
    6. share that external WD HDD to be able to use my PC to copy files from/to (and allow another rpi to use it to save downloaded files)
    7. I also wish to plug in and use an external DVD player.

I don’t know if that was really possible, looks like I’m not able to set it up and I have no any idea what’s wrong and/or how to do that. Probably there are conflicting wishes, I don’t know.
    Also I’m not really sure if max2play can really handle the digi+ pro card (or just digi+ will work?)
    I have downloaded m2p_rpi3_default_241_wps_autoexpand.img.zip and updated and tried to configure it, but actually there is no 192kHz/24bit but 44.1 kHz „available“ at this moment. (Earlier I was able to listen HD music, but I can’t remember/restore that – but I’m sure that was without bluetooth and DLNA.

9. Juni 2017 at 14:40 #29466

Hi pan64,

Sorry about the delayed answer.

The Digi+ Pro should work fine with the Digi/Digi+ selection in for sound card.

3. and 4. are only individually possible and not at once as the BT pairing can only work with one device at a time.

We have not had any experience with DVD playery yet but appreciate an update on your efforts.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here