How do you configure the music library

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) How do you configure the music library

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 26. Mai 2016 at 23:53 #20336

After 2 years, I’ve finally moved the prototype from my shed to the house. Hardware, Software, control systems are all fine. My problem is how do I find and play a particular piece of music. Currently, I have 20 GB of stuff on a usb stick but I have about 1k LPs waiting to be digitised. I have Master Directories – Classical, Jazz etc.
    Drilling down through Classical, for instance, you go through composer – chamber music – string quartets then you get to the meat and potatoes.

So, the question is, how do I use the LMS library structure to find the particular version of Beethovens 9th Symphony from the half dozen different versions I’ll have eventually?

I expect my next problem will be managing the meta data. It’easy with an LP, you just read the sleeve. I originally tried to incorporate it into the file name but 64 characters are just not enough. I have discovered that the Properties of many CDs misleading or completely wrong, editing those will probably me a bigger headache than transcribing the music.

Hopefully, this will produce an interesting discussion and even a wiki or a Howto.

30. Mai 2016 at 14:56 #20409

Hi Sabreur,
    The Squeezebox Server has the typical folder structure for artists, albums, songs, etc. But you can also just use the search bar to find any song. This search feature is also included in most Squeezebox apps like Squeezer or iPeng. You can also create playlists to find your preferred music more quickly.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here