Health checker says No internet, but connection seems fine

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Health checker says No internet, but connection seems fine

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 15. Januar 2019 at 0:41 #43637

Hi,

Just curious: On my m2p settings/reboot page, the health checker is red and says „Internet: NO connection“, but everything seems to be fine. I can access spotify via spotty, and if I log in to the pi I can ping internet sites fine (I tried 8.8.8.8 and http://www.bbc.co.uk). Why does max2play think there is no internet? I’ve rebooted a few times – no change.

I’m on RPi 3, with wired ethernet connection.

#### FILESYSTEM ####

#### LOAD AVERAGE ####
    0.64 0.17 0.06 1/130 1007

#### KERNEL ####
    Linux max2play 4.14.24-v7+ #1097 SMP Mon Mar 5 16:42:05 GMT 2018 armv7l GNU/Linux

#### LINUX-VERSION ####
    Distributor ID: Raspbian
    Description: Raspbian GNU/Linux 9.4 (stretch)
    Release: 9.4
    Codename: stretch

16. Januar 2019 at 18:19 #43760

Hi moreorless,

Try deactivating the automatic access point in the WiFi/LAN menu and rebooting.

16. Januar 2019 at 21:31 #43764

Thanks Heiner, but it didn’t make a difference.
    When I saved the WiFi/LAN settings I see:
    Debug: Saving WPA-Supplicant (Successfully initialized wpa_supplicant ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Invalid argument ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Invalid argument FAIL OK )

Another odd thing: I’m running squeezebox server OK, but the Squeezebox Server page just has the initial ’start installation‘ info, no way to start/stop the server or access the LMS web administration.

Perhaps I need to do a clean install of max2play?

17. Januar 2019 at 17:20 #43838

Hi moreorless,

Please do so to be sure. You can make a backup with our image burner plugin or with another imager software. What SD card to your use for Max2Play?

18. Januar 2019 at 0:46 #43871

OK, I reinstalled from scratch and all seems to be fine for now. I’m using a Philips-branded 8GB SDcard.
    My music is on a fairly cheap 128GB Toshiba-branded USB memory stick, which I think has caused me some problems. I have the option of switching back to a Maxtor USB HDD which is more reliable but the spin-up delay is annoying.
    I’ll see how I get on over the next few days.
    Thanks for your help.

18. Januar 2019 at 11:07 #43876

Make sure the HDD is either powered or that you have powerful PSU on the Pi since this can lead to undervoltage.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here