[Beta-Update Fix] Google Play Music and no sound – needing a really simple guide

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Add-ons [Beta-Update Fix] Google Play Music and no sound – needing a really simple guide

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 16. September 2017 at 18:38 #31353

Hello
    Rpi2, IQAudio Dac+, LMS and squeezelite. All works from my USB share and I can control this perfectly with iPeng, but a problem I see others have raised, I need to use Google Play Music too.

I have loaded the plug in and the server, both from the max2play sources. I see artwork and I can navigate and control, yet there is no audio (I’m using iPeng as well as web interface). I can use the GPM app from my phone and play via max2play, its not an enormous problem but the sound quality and the ease of use could potentially be improved if the plug in can be got working.

I have read the fix is to edit a line in the plug-in file – http to https – but the means to do this defeats me as I have not up till now needed to get in this deep.

Connect via a Mac and Terminal. I see I need to ssh in and access at root via su, then use the nano editor. All OK. I have never used Nano before. What I can’t figure is how to locate the line that I need to edit. I know, I know, but an easy fix if someone could map the next step

• This topic was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by snorbans.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by snorbans.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Heiner.
    21. September 2017 at 16:19 #31455

Hi snorbans,

Thanks for pointing out this issue! We fixed it in our installer in our newest beta, now.

Just update your system to the newest beta (under Settings/Reboot) and install the Google Music Plugin anew.

Done! I just tested it myself and it definitely works 🙂

edit: we will obviously also include it in our next official release, Max2Play 2.45

23. September 2017 at 15:47 #31496

its fixed!

Thank you

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here