Getting started guide?

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Getting started guide?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 4. Juni 2016 at 19:00 #20507

I am completely stuck. Managed to write the Raspberry Pi3 Image to an SD card, it is booting and loads LXDE and that’s all i can do with it. I can’t ssh into the PI, cause it’s not on the network. I can’t open the terminal, cause i don’t know the root password. Matter of fact, I can’t do anything at all. I can’t setup Wifi, cause all manuals you guys have explain how to setup wifi from within the web interface, which i cannot run cause, i got no wifi.

This is kinda irking me a bit. Wasn’t this supposed to be easy?!

Is there a getting started guide that doesnt start with the web interface and rather tells me how to setup my Wifi?!

Any input appreciated.

Thanks,
    Stephan

• This topic was modified 7 years, 10 months ago by sk4477.
    6. Juni 2016 at 12:37 #20516

Hi Stephan,
    Without a connection to your local network via LAN cable first, you can only access WiFi with our WPS feature: https://www.max2play.com/en/2016/01/raspberry-pi-automatic-wlanwifi-configuration-with-max2play-and-wps/
    You can, however, also first connect via LAN, set up your WiFi connection, and reboot and unplug the LAN.
    The login for Max2Play is
    user: pi
    pw: raspberry

For basic information when getting started with Max2Play
    – Visit our Wiki for simple use cases and configurations
    – Visit our How-To for specific, quick applications of Max2Play
    – Visit our Youtube channel for step-by-step web interface configurations
    – Visit our FAQ’s for frequent questions with Max2Play
    – Visit our Instructables.com page for specific hardware applications

6. Juni 2016 at 13:02 #20518

Heiner,

thanks for your reply. After a dozend or so tries, my LAN cable finally did manage to get an IP from Fitzbox’s DHCP. I have no clue what’s happening there. Never had this problem when running original Noobs Raspbian on that Pi. Once it got an IP, the rest of the setup was easy.

Please excuse my unprecise descriptions, I am a certified Windows fanboy, but here’s what I noticed being different (as far as i can tell): when the Pi boots from your supplied image, there is some task running during boot that is not on the original Rasbian image and after that I sometimes end with an IP in the range of 169.???.???.???. (instead of 172.23.xx.xx my Fritzbox is setup to use.)

Also kinda unique is the fact that on every reboot of the Pi, I end up with a new IP (until i told Fritz to always assign the same IP to it).

Anyway, i am now all set. Well, ok, let me rephrase: I can now use the Web Interface. There might be more questions later on how to make the best use of it but i shall RTFM somew more first 😉

Thanks,
    Stephan

20. September 2018 at 10:22 #37914

For anyone looking to get started, too and landing on this thread:

We also have a small Starter Guide in our Wiki now!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here