Distorted sound on RPi3

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Distorted sound on RPi3

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 30. August 2016 at 21:49 #22774

Hello,

I use a RPi3 with max2play, that plays over an HiFiberry DAC+. The squeezebox server is running, too, and serves for at least three clients, one of them the RPi3 with Squeezelite as player (as inbound in max2play).
    The problem is that most of the times the sound out of the active speakers attached to the RPi3 is distorted as if the signal was to high leveled (can you understand? My English is not so good). Some times, the circumstances or changes in settings remain unclear, the sound is hust right without any distortion.
    Any ideas?
    Please reply in English or German.

Thomas

22. September 2016 at 12:19 #23137

Hello bombadil79,

Thanks for your request.

Did you change something on the settings of the hifiberry menu? – digital volume (here is the optimum 100%), analogue playback boost (here is the optimum to set it off) and analogue boost (here is the optimum 100%)

Best Regards

22. September 2016 at 12:22 #23139

Hello,

no, no changes in this section.

22. September 2016 at 13:13 #23152

Hello bombadil79,

Which image do you use?

Which max2play version do you use?

Did you choose your soundcard in the hifiberry menu? And reboot max2play after it?

22. September 2016 at 13:28 #23153

I use the image from the max2play homepage upgraded to the last version 2.36.
    The soundcard is chosen and the system was rebootet.

Best regards
    Thomas

10. Oktober 2016 at 12:08 #23334

Hello bombadil79,

please update your Max2Play device to version 2.37.

I have test it for you and cannot get the same issue. Maybe the cable is broken or something went wrong with your active speaker? Could you test it with other speaker?

13. Oktober 2016 at 21:14 #23411

Hello,

i reinstalled the hole image and updated to 2.37. At the beginning thevsound was just right. I don’t know what happened, but it started to distort again. I shut the system down, rebooted and tested with the raspi attached to my stereo -> good sound. I was happy and thought my active speakers are to be accused. But as I changed back to the speakers the sound was good, too. The raspi was not shut down meanwhile.
    I’m really confused. Some time it works and some time it doesn’t.

Thomas

20. Oktober 2016 at 12:21 #23466

Hello bombadil79,

I ask you again – which image did you use? On our website are more than one image. Do you use the default image? Or the HiFiBerry Image?

2. Do you use some additional devices with the raspberry? Something like a usb dongle or a external hard drive?

3. Which power supply do you use?

4. Please try to stop Squeezelite if you get the problem.

5. Please take a look into the advanced settings of the squeezelite player (you will find it in the Audioplayer menu) and tell me what is in the textbox for the command line options.

20. Oktober 2016 at 21:53 #23491

Hello,

thank you for your help so far.

1. I used the HifiBerry – Image
    2. No additional devices, just the raspi, wifi-connected
    3. Power supply is Rydges SpeedPower High-Quality supply 5V 2,5A
    4. Luckily the problem did not occure since the last 5 or 6 days. No I´m running the Squeezebox server on another raspi cable attached to my network.
    I did not install the Squeezebox server on the faulty raspi with the hifiberry.
    5. No command line options set.

Maybe the sound remains stable (hope so). Troubleshooting remains difficult but I don´t think it is a problem of unreliable hardware.

Thomas

28. Oktober 2016 at 12:29 #23596

Hellobombadil79

If the problem appears again, please write again in this thread.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here