[SOLVED] Confusion about RPi Display support

Max2Play Home Forums General Questions on Hardware and Max2Play Versions [SOLVED] Confusion about RPi Display support

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 21. September 2017 at 23:44 #31461

As I enjoy testing out new and interesting software for the Raspberry Pi, I’ve seen max2play come by a few times for use with the official 7″ touch display due to its simple interface and the large buttons(A rarity among the audio-centric dashboards!).

However, I am a bit confused on the support for it. The website has an available and „optimised“ image for downloading which includes jivelite preinstalled, after testing i’ve got the impression that this is an old build. The latest general image along with the website explain that the display support along with Jivelite is meant for the subscription model only.

I might sound rude by asking this, but is there a story behind this occurrence? I am interested in giving this project a spin but the usage of the display is a key factor, unfortunately.

22. September 2017 at 9:59 #31467

Hi Halberd,

The display integration is indeed a premium feature. However, we do offer a ready image for the 7 inch touchscreen integration as we created it in tandem with a bundle for retail.

You can burn this image and use the old version of Max2Play free of charge. However, all updates and changes to the premium plugins are only available with an active premium license.

If you want to go with a test run of our premium license, you can find a trial license in our shop for one month to check it out:
    https://shop.max2play.com/en/max2play-full-license.html/

22. September 2017 at 10:23 #31470

I see, thank you for the explanation!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here