[SOLVED] Configuring Jivelite and squeezebox on a raspberry pi 3 without external network

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) [SOLVED] Configuring Jivelite and squeezebox on a raspberry pi 3 without external network

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 13. März 2017 at 7:17 #27614

I have installed max2play image on my raspberry pi 3 with the 7″ touch display. I installed and configured squeezebox and jivelite. Everything works fine when it is plugged into my lan network. But if I boot with no network, Jivelite cannot find the squeezebox server on the raspberry pi 3.
    It displays „Connecting to m2p4car“ and then says

„We couldn’t connect to m2p4car. Make sure your computer is turned on and connected to your local network and that Logitech Media Server is currently running“

The hostname of my device is ‚m2p4car‘.

I have this in /etc/hosts:

127.0.0.1 localhost m2p4car

Are there instructions for configuring max2play in an environment without external networking?

15. März 2017 at 2:09 #27740

Solved: My USB DAC was not plugged into my raspberry pi 3.l. Jivelite will not startup if the USB DAC is not plugged in.

Otherwise, Max2Play works just great without networking, including Jivelite. I just added 127.0.0.1 as a remote library and I had to edit /etc/hosts.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here