Complete setup Max2Play in the car

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Projects and Builds Complete setup Max2Play in the car

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 15. November 2022 at 19:45 #52466

I need some help setting up my raspberry pi 3B with a waveshare 2.8″ LCD (A) /wiki/2.8inch_RPi_LCD_(A)

I can’t get it to show anything on the display. I know the display works with regular raspbian so nothing wrong with the LCD. How do I get it to work inside Max2Play? I have installed plugin „RPi Display“, no luck. I have installed Jivelite but it doesn’t want to launch.

Can anyone please point me in a direction so I understand what I am doing wrong?
    Thanks in advance.

17. November 2022 at 15:46 #52470

Hi andyrytt,

we do not support the waveshare 2.8″ display out of the box. The RPI Display plugin is only suitable for certain displays. So you would have to install the drivers manually as described on the waveshare website. To access the console of the Pi, you can use our Remote Control plugin.

18. November 2022 at 17:42 #52471

Hi Mario,

Thanks. I have now ordered an adafruit 2,8 TFT to use instead. Hopefully arrives soon.

I also have two potentiometers at home and one of the i would like to adjust volume out with. I haven’t yet looked for a guide for this but this wouldn’t be a problem i assume?
    https://thepihut.com/products/panel-mount-10k-potentiometer-breadboard-friendly

22. November 2022 at 14:24 #52475

In principle, this should not be a problem. We created a corresponding manual using a JustBoom sound card as an example some time ago:

Rotary Encoder is now compatible with JustBoom sound cards

Of course, it is possible that the connections are slightly different in your setup. But it should basically work like this.

22. November 2022 at 20:13 #52476

Now I have a adafruit 2,8 display. Can’t install it. Why? Solution?

Installation started - This Messages refreshes every 3 seconds to show current installation status. When finished this message disappears.
    2022-11-22 19:10:36|
    /opt/max2play/adafruit-pitft.sh: 1: /opt/max2play/adafruit-pitft.sh: 404:: not found
    Set Display Resolution to 320x240
    finished Please Reboot!

INSTALL SUCCESSFUL

I have rebooted several times. Still the same.

8. Dezember 2022 at 12:23 #52510

Please excuse for the late reply. There should now be a fix in our beta so that the display can be installed properly again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here