Backing up Max2play and stored music files

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Projects and Builds Backing up Max2play and stored music files

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • 18. Juli 2016 at 9:15 #21640

Hi
    I have several M2P players dotted around the house, and I now have a wireless player in my car that I connect to via wireless using my smartphone, everything is perfect and working well.

My worry is, and I can’t find this on the M2P forum’s is the issue and talk of automatically backing up your music files (god forbid if I lost mine) and whatever else you have on your M2P hardrive.

So I was wondering if anyone has built a NAS using a Pi to do this. I’m not a software expert (far from it) but I have come across packages called RAID & rsync in a couple of Pi NAS projects.
    like this here
    http://www.howtogeek.com/139433/how-to-turn-a-raspberry-pi-into-a-low-power-network-storage-device/
    And this

PiKeeper – Keep your data fresh! A Pi-based NAS server with data and power redundancy. from raspberry_pi

Both projects use two drives (one has an option of using one) but it seem like these two projects can’t be „pointed“ to the HD on your network which holds your music files on your Pi to make an AUTO backup at any specific time
    Or can it ?????
    So I was wondering if there is anyone out there who might be able to help me please.
    And if it’s wireless even better.
    Thanks in advance for anyone who can help
    Alex

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here