Ansible with max2play?

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI Ansible with max2play?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 20. Januar 2018 at 16:22 #33562

I am new here – sorry for my bad English.

I ‚ve 4 raspberry pi devices (two max2play and two zeros) and want to automate the updates with ansible.
    I installed ansible it on the pi with Max2Play Squeezebox Server,
    To get it working did a:

sudo apt-get install python-pip
    sudo pip install –upgrade setuptools
    sudo apt-get install build-essential libssl-dev libffi-dev python-dev
    sudo pip install ansible

Everything worked … but after a reboot the system could not start. I am using the current version of max2play.
    (I had to flash the image on the sd card again.)
    I’ve also a ClusterHat (one raspberry pi and 4 zero’s with raspian jessie) and ansible works without problems.
    Are there some known problems? Help!

Max2Play is a very good solution – I am using also two old airport express – that works! Great!

• This topic was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by anz.
    22. Januar 2018 at 15:08 #33593

Hi anz,

Unfortunately, we have not had any experience with Ansible, yet.

Our OS is currently based on Raspbian Jessie lite (so you can check for possible issues with that version) but you can also try out our new beta based on Raspbian Stretch.

24. Januar 2018 at 14:18 #33626

Thank you for your response.

The error seems to be caused by a corrupted sd card. Hope the license key for max2play can be used a second time (for the same raspberry pi). The m2p sd card (with installed max2play), that came with the iqaudio sound card, is gone.

Greetings,
    Georg Anzenberger

25. Januar 2018 at 13:08 #33640

Hi Georg,

Max2Play’s license is user-based, meaning you can activate it on all your devices as often as you like.

26. Januar 2018 at 8:49 #33660

Good to know. I plan to order a new bundle (with a new license). Will i get a reminder before the license is ending? (Sorry for asking, i am a little bit too lazy to search in the manual/howtos.)

29. Januar 2018 at 14:32 #33728

Hi anz,

The web interface shows your license’s end date and a green indicator that it’s active. Once it expires, the indicator will turn red.

We do not have a notification service for expired licenses (yet). but that’s a good idea if we can find a way for it to be non-intrusive or a hassle.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here