[SOLVED] AirPlay synchronisation to multiple Max2play units?

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) [SOLVED] AirPlay synchronisation to multiple Max2play units?

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 8. September 2015 at 7:02 #15644

I like max2play, I currently have an 8 room speakercraft system I want to replace.

I am thinking of using 8xhifiberry amp plus units.

With ipeng app I see how I can sync players, however I seem to be unable to sync AirPlay. I send the AirPlay stream to the max2player it plays until I turn on the linked players on, but then all 3 players go quiet (I am using ipeng on iPad and iPhone to emulate additional clients.

If I make multiple max2play units can I sync the AirTunes streams across all units (so my whole house has the same audio in Al rooms)?

10. September 2015 at 16:49 #15653

Hi scyto,
    Unfortunately, that is not possible with the AirPlay technology. You can, however, sync the playback from your Squeezebox Server.

Kind regards,
    Heiner from Max2Play

23. Oktober 2018 at 11:59 #38749

Hello,
    Haven’t exactly the same problem.
    I have 5 rooms. If i lunch the first room on airplay, i dont arrived to syncronize 2 or more room.
    I have try to go on LMS server and i have clicked to sycronised room on the TOP BUTTON.
    After have cliking, my music is stoped on LMS not on my device ( iphone).
    Do you have a solution to syncronize room with ShareTunes 2 ?

Best regards.

23. Oktober 2018 at 12:41 #38789

Hi Spouti,

shairtunes2 only supports sync with iTunes. As soon as AirPlay2 can be implemented in shairtunes, it will be able to offer sync with iOS.

23. Oktober 2018 at 15:42 #38794

Thank you Heiner for this reply.
    I hope this implementation arrive shortly.
    I have a multiroom but it’s impossible to syncronise the room, Its horrible 🙂
    Do you have a date or a thread forum of this new fonctionnality ?

23. Oktober 2018 at 15:54 #38795

Hi spouti,

Ideal sync playback is supported by Squeezelite and the Squeezebox Server already. Since you have LMS, you should be able to sync players with any Squeezebox app and also use the plugin „Group Players“ to create groups with automatic syncing 😉

Here’s the discussion of the implementation of AirPlay 2

23. Oktober 2018 at 16:07 #38796

Thx you for your reactivity !

23. Oktober 2018 at 16:28 #38804

No problem 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here