7 inch touchscreen for Squeezelite, HDMI out for Kodi – possible?

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI 7 inch touchscreen for Squeezelite, HDMI out for Kodi – possible?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 6. November 2015 at 17:55 #16798

Hello,
    I’ve just set up the new 7″ touchscreen to work with Squeezelite, but I was wondering if it was possible to continue to have Kodi output video over HDMI?
    Further, would swapping to Kodi then also power off the touchscreen?
    Many thanks.

6. November 2015 at 19:30 #16799

If it helps any, I’ve found this info on turning on/off the screen:
    https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=120968&start=50

to turn off:
    echo 1 > /sys/class/backlight/rpi_backlight/bl_power

To turn on:
    echo 0 > /sys/class/backlight/rpi_backlight/bl_power

Could it perhaps be possible to have the screen turn off when the Squeezelite player is turned off (as in, when the ‚power‘ button in the top left of the screen is pressed)?

11. November 2015 at 17:24 #16856

Hi,

thanks for sharing your ideas! We will think about adding the screen turn on/turn off feature to the screensaver options and check if this works.

Regarding HDMI and touchscreen at the same time or changing on the fly with a switch:
    I am sorry, but this is currently not possible with Kodi. Some Apps (like omxplayer) support to choose from connected HDMI and DSI displays, but Kodi doesn’t support it. The only option is to change the default display and reboot. To do this you have to add following to the file /boot/config.txt and reboot.
    display_default_lcd=0
    This is only helpful, if you want to use it without the touchscreen, as you need to revert the changes and reboot to get the touchscreen running again. We will think about adding this parameter to the Display configuration in the web interface as it helps to improve the „activation“ process of HDMI.

EDIT: I just added this switch to the Max2Play Web interface to the current BETA. You may find it in the „RPi Display“ Addon.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by flysurfer.
    12. November 2015 at 22:45 #16892

Thanks for adding that option – that will work well as a workaround, thanks.

25. November 2015 at 21:02 #17032

Hi flysurfer,

I am running Version Beta-151124 but do not see an option as described for booting to HDMI – am I missing something?

Thanks

26. November 2015 at 12:25 #17037

Hi RichG,

the option is in the „RPI Display“ Addon. You have to uncheck „LCD as Default Display“ and then it will output to HDMI.

26. November 2015 at 12:49 #17038

mmm … I don’t see an option for „LCD as Default Display“

What I do see are:

– Activate Console Output on Touchscreen
    – Rotate display of Touchscreen
    – Remove Cursor (e.g. mouse pointer)
    – Kodi Mouse 1-Click

Do I perhaps need to re-load the RPi Display plugin somehow?

26. November 2015 at 13:14 #17039

Please Update Max2Play to the latest version (2.25) and the plugins should update too.

26. November 2015 at 14:17 #17040

2.25 did the trick – thanks. Now I can watch my films on the TV again 🙂

26. November 2015 at 20:01 #17046

Another related problem now.

When playing a video in Kodi, I can see Jivelite in the top and bottom bars above and below the video window.

26. November 2015 at 20:11 #17047

Also, when Kodi’s ‚dim‘ screensaver kicks in you can see Jivelite behind the dimmed Kodi interface, which looks very ugly.

Killing Jivelite doesn’t help – you just see the terminal text behind Kodi instead 8^|

I don’t remember having any issues like this with Max2Play on my U3 Odroid.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by RichG.
    3. Dezember 2015 at 13:17 #17113

Hi RichG,
    Thanks for bringing up this issue. We are now working on a solution to have this section blank again.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register here