Reply To: Another Synology Mounting Problem

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play as Squeezebox (Player / Server) Another Synology Mounting Problem Reply To: Another Synology Mounting Problem

3. Oktober 2021 at 13:58 #51698

Dear Heiner,

Looks like there is a compatibility problem again beetween Filesystem/Mount menu of Max2Play and my Synology DS216J after the update to DSM version 7.

Everything was working fine under DSM 6, but since the update to 7, im now unable to access my music files stored on my Synology anymore…..very annoying.

I have followed all the advices you gave to airheader911 in the forum previously and also created a new user “ max2play“ on the diskstation, but when I try to mount a new folder for file sharing with the followin command ( //Ds216j/music/HiRes /mnt/HiResMusic cifs user=max2play,password=squeezebox,iocharset=utf8,sec=ntlm,vers=1.0) , i always get this same error:

mount error(13): Permission denied Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs) mount error(13): Permission denied Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)
Ajout du point de montage impossible ! Veuillez vous référer à la description ci-dessous

PS: i also tried to replace //Ds216j with //local_ip_adress but it doesnt work either.

I have been googeling and trying some different parameters for weeks now, but nothing seems to work unfortunately…. I would really appreciate if you give me the solution to acces again to my .FLAC files stored on my Synology NAS.

Best Regards,

Attilio