Reply To: MPD – Music Player Daemon – Music Library local – no mpd clients will attach

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play on Raspberry PI MPD – Music Player Daemon – Music Library local – no mpd clients will attach Reply To: MPD – Music Player Daemon – Music Library local – no mpd clients will attach

17. Mai 2020 at 4:51 #48800

Thank you for looking into possible installation issues with Ampache. I will check back and re-install Ampache with an updated installer depending on what you might find and report my results here. Will also let you know if I try building another Max2play RPi-4b to test if a new install of MPD and YMPD works better.

Recently purchased a Rock Pi4b, which has much in common with original RPi-4b, but adds onboard NVME.m2 interface, faster RAM (DDR4-3200mhz) …etc. I have worried about original RPi micro-SD card R/W longevity issues, as SD spec was originally designed for very different use cases: digital cameras, music players. These devices do many sequential memory reads and very few writes over the life of the SD. Any OS, but especially Linux which inherently does lots of logging is not a good fit for SD memory, in my opinion. This is why I plan to try installing M2P-OS into an NVME.m2 drive on the Rock Pi4b. I think other users of Rock-Pi4b configure the Linux-OS to boot from an EFI partition on the SD, but control is then quickly passed to the full Linux install on the NVME.m2 drive, which runs much faster and I hope more safely from NVME.m2 than uSD card.

I do not expect the M2P org to support M2P OS Linux image on the Rock Pi4b, but would be grateful if you have heard from other users of any specific issues that arise from Rock Pi4b hosting M2P. If enough customers want to use Rock-Pi boards in the future it might create another market opportunity for M2P.

Thank-you.

— mark in Seattle