Reply To: Netwotk boot of max2play ?

Max2Play Home Forums Max2Play Development (Ideas, Wishes) Netwotk boot of max2play ? Reply To: Netwotk boot of max2play ?

18. April 2017 at 11:23 #28319

Hi,

meanwhile I tested also another cmdline.txt version with fixed ip definition instead og ip=dhcp, not working … 🙁

root=/dev/nfs rootfstype=nfs nfsroot=192.168.1.104:/nfs-server/max2play,udp,vers=3 smsc95xx.turbo_mode=N rw ip=192.168.1.151::192.168.1.200:255.255.255.0::eth0:off rootwait elevator=deadline

where ip=<client-ip>:<server-ip>:<gw-ip>:<netmask>:<hostname>:<device>:<autoconf>

Is there any way to create a max2play on a clean/pure jessie installation?
Maybe I can create a netboot capable version of max2play by using a working network bootable version of raspbian.

By the way, max2play should be able to reproduce this in their lab. You just need a second raspi working as a nfs server in the first step, which is very easy to realize.
With that you can boot the image from sd card and just boot root filesystem from network via cmdline.txt

In a second step you might also implement a boot tftp server, which does not need some sd card on client anymore.
You can share on big sd card for all of your max2play installations or you might place the shared folders on a usb stick or hdd/ssd.

So I really would like to implement network boot with max2play. Please let me know, if you like, I will support you on that and we will do that close together. I am not familiar enough with max2play to do that by my own.

Michael